In episode #810, Eric and Neil discuss the pitfalls of being an Amazon seller. Tune in to hear how you can avoid losing your shirt.
Eric and Neil have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Amazon Sellers May Go Out of Business If They Don’t Do This
- [00:45] Eric went to an Ecommerce conference and Amazon was the talk of the conference.
- [01:00] When it comes to Amazon, there is a lot of “short-termism”.
- [01:20] When you work on Amazon, you do not control the customers.
- [01:45] Marketing has now moved to being an omni-channel approach.
- [02:20] Amazon is growing, but as it grows, there will be more and more competition.
- [02:35] Because of this, you need to diversify.
- [04:20] As an Amazon seller, you will find that shady marketers will screw up your revenue.
- [04:45] Amazon sellers’ revenue can go to $0, because other sellers can flag you and get you banned (for no real reason).
- [05:15] If you have your own website, you won’t have to rely on Amazon as your only channel.
- [06:09] That’s it for today!
- [06:12] If you are interested in corporate training, tweet at Eric.
- [06:25] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1336, we chat about how AI will impact the future of digital marketing. Artificial intelligence is arguably the biggest looming area of modern technology and the future of this field of de...
In episode #1335, we share seven places that you should invest in as a digital marketer. Investing in people, branding, and education is almost always guaranteed to deliver an ROI. Tune in to hear why...
In episode #1334, we discuss seven common mistakes people tend to make when it comes to Facebook ads. Selling through your educational content is a better strategy than simply directing prospects to y...