In episode #1470, we share our views about whether all Google SERP CTRs are created equal. The results for clickthrough rates have changed significantly, especially in terms of educational content since Google now provides answers to basic questions without users having to click on websites. Tune in to hear our takeaways from Sistrix’s helpful article!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Are All Google SERP CTRs Created Equal?
- [00:49] Back in the day SERP ads did not blend in as well.
- [01:14] A number one result had an average clickthrough rate of about 30%.
- [01:25] If you now have other elements on the page the clickthrough rate drastically changes.
- [02:00] It is hard for people to distinguish between an ad and an organic result.
- [02:16] Why the results with clickthrough rates for educational content have tanked so much.
- [03:20] Counter this effect by using on-SERP SEO to get traffic to your website.
- [03:55] It is also a branding game – so use your company name in the title tag.
- [04:19] That’s it for today!
- [04:25] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or text us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...