In episode #809, Eric and Neil discuss whether all links are created equal. Tune in to see if you are linking to the right sources.
Eric and Neil have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Are All Links Created Equal?
- [00:50] Think about it from an algorithmic perspective. Would you treat every link the same?
- [01:05] No, because not all links are equal.
- [01:30] People used to think you needed the highest domain authority links out there, but that is a Moz metric, not a Google metric. Google doesn’t consider domain authority.
- [02:00] Instead of going for domain authority, go for the most relevant link.
- [02:30] Getting contextual links these days is the most effective method.
- [03:15] Don’t just link to one website. There will be diminishing returns.
- [03:33] You also want the link to be rich in anchor text.
- [04:25] Neil spends more money on this than most people, which he admits is a way to cheat.
- [04:40] Think logically: if it makes sense, if you link to different sources, you will rank higher.
- [05:02] Build relationships with different sources.
- [05:20] That’s it for today!
- [05:24] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
At the Leveling Up Founders' event, Tamara Loehr discusses her best practices in business, managing offshore teams abroad, and the significance of establishing a learning management system process. TI...
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...
Ravi Theja Yada explains why behavioral analytics is superior to traditional metrics when it comes to understanding your consumers at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...