In episode #809, Eric and Neil discuss whether all links are created equal. Tune in to see if you are linking to the right sources.
Eric and Neil have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Are All Links Created Equal?
- [00:50] Think about it from an algorithmic perspective. Would you treat every link the same?
- [01:05] No, because not all links are equal.
- [01:30] People used to think you needed the highest domain authority links out there, but that is a Moz metric, not a Google metric. Google doesn’t consider domain authority.
- [02:00] Instead of going for domain authority, go for the most relevant link.
- [02:30] Getting contextual links these days is the most effective method.
- [03:15] Don’t just link to one website. There will be diminishing returns.
- [03:33] You also want the link to be rich in anchor text.
- [04:25] Neil spends more money on this than most people, which he admits is a way to cheat.
- [04:40] Think logically: if it makes sense, if you link to different sources, you will rank higher.
- [05:02] Build relationships with different sources.
- [05:20] That’s it for today!
- [05:24] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...