In Episode #358, Eric and Neil discuss whether a focus group is still worth the investment for market research. Tune in to learn more about focus groups and how technology has played a major role in how we conduct market research today!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Are Focus Groups Still Worth the Investment for Market Research?
- 00:38 – A focus group is when a group of people that are your ideal customers come to discuss a certain product that you may be launching
- 00:56 – Neil did a focus group that was paid by Yahoo
- 01:09 – The people discussed Yahoo and its competitors
- 01:50 – Focus groups were very effective before, but it won’t be as effective now
- 01:58 – Technology has changed the face of market research, people can find their answers online and surveys to collect information are done online as well
- 02:32 – Eric doesn’t see the need for an in-person focus group
- 03:02 – Mileage may still vary
- 03:12 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Olark which is a live chat software tool
- 03:24 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 03:30 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444 for those in the US
- 03:26 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- A focus group is a group of your ideal customers who meet you in person to discuss a product.
- Focus groups were effective for market research before mass improvements were made in technology.
- If your targeted customers are seniors, focus groups might still work as they prefer face-to-face surveys and conversations.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
Humphrey Yang discusses the financial challenges faced by younger generations and offers insights on building wealth. He highlights the significance of saving and investing, recommending a focus on in...
In episode #2687, Eric Siu, Ralph Burns, Kasim Aslam, and Neil Patel discuss various strategies and insights related to AI in marketing. They share their experiences and highlight what has been workin...
In episode #2686, we delve into the issue of political bias in Google News and its implications on the information people consume. We refer to a study conducted by AllSides, revealing that 61% of the ...