In Episode #35 Eric and Neil debate whether marketing certifications are worth it—and here’s a hint: they’re not! Certifications are much like college degrees. They may get you in the right direction, but they will not give you the real experience that you need.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:24 – Are marketing certifications worth it? No!
- 00:45 – Most certifications take very little effort.
- 01:00 – It teaches you nothing.
- 01:15 – You need practical experience.
- 01:30 – One example of someone on Neil’s team
- 01:50 – It comes down to experience.
- 01:58 – Eric tried to get everyone on his team certified, but that didn’t really help anything.
- 02:35 – You’re better off learning on your own.
- 03:00 – Prove that you have real world skills.
- 03:10 – Certification is a starting point. It does not qualify you.
- 03:30 – Certifications are like college degrees.
- 03:45 – Neil’s friend who hires kids from Stanford.
- 04:05 – They are generating zero sales.
- 04:35 – It’s a resume builder, but it won’t help your business.
- 05:00 – Neil’s first experience with internet marketing as an intern.
- 05:45 – Internships give you real experience.
- 06:05 – Look for a free internship first.
- 06:25 – Employers don’t want to have to hold your hand.
- 07:00 – Don’t waste your time with certifications.
- 07:55 – That’s the end of this episode!
3 Key Points:
- Certifications just teach you how to memorize things.
- You need to get real, practical experience.
- Don’t waste your time with certifications!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2566, we turn our attention to a groundbreaking phenomenon: how YouTube creator Deestroying is challenging traditional football norms. In this episode, we dissect the strategies and innova...
In episode #2565, we take a deep dive into the often-overlooked world of business policies and their profound impact on your success. It's a reality check that every entrepreneur needs: how seemingly ...
In episode #2564, we are sharing our tips for winning on YouTube in 2023. We discuss creating engagement, making fresh content, optimizing for keywords, using AI to translate your content into multipl...