In episode #1146, we talk about the fatal mistakes to avoid when working in software as a service! We look at some of our personal experiences, the stories of others, and deliver a handful of helpful directions to steer you away from danger. Tune in to get a compass and map for staying out of stormy waters with your business.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: The Fatal Mistakes You Need to Avoid in SaaS.
- [00:52] Picking a total addressable market that is too small!
- [02:10] Market size versus pricing options to make enough money.
- [03:10] Waiting to launch to begin marketing your business.
- [03:40] Market research and avoiding building a product in a vacuum.
- [04:22] Recruiting early on; the timing of your hiring process is vital!
- [04:57] Start selling as soon as possible, even before it you are fully built.
- [06:13] Maybe we will do a part 2 on this!
- [06:27] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2404, Neil and Eric talk about what marketers can learn from Warren Buffett’s $130B cash hoard. One of Warren Buffett’s key investor strategies is buying good businesses at a reasonabl...
In episode #2403, Neil and Eric talk about how digital advertising will change in 2023 and beyond. Major developments in artificial intelligence (AI) along with increased privacy and tracking limitati...
In episode #2402, Neil and Eric talk about how the best marketers manage their most important resource, time. Tune in as we discuss some of the top methods for managing your routine and how to get the...