In Episode #36 Eric and Neil talk about why you should create blog posts, and what the best process is to do it. Learn the tricks of the pros, and find out what resources are available to you to make your blog writing not only entertaining or educational but actually capable of converting customers.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:24 – How to write amazing blog posts
- 00:35 – Educate and provide great information, and people will see you as an expert.
- 00:55 – People will share you and refer friends to you.
- 01:15 – The number one way they generate sign-ups for multiple companies.
- 01:20 – Thomas Tunguz’s Post
- 01:55 – The effects of content marketing over time
- 02:05 – It’s like compounding interest.
- 02:34 – You need one thing that stands out.
- 02:45 – Long-form blog posts backed by data.
- 03:04 – Not just content for content’s sake.
- 03:15 – Show something unique and useful.
- 03:29 – eHow is a great example of what you shouldn’t do.
- 04:12 – WaitButWhy.com
- 04:25 – Humor and long-form articles with stick figures
- 04:50 – Updating sites over time
- 05:26 – Write in a conversational tone.
- 06:18 – Engaging the audience and then going into your topic
- 06:45 – The intro, body, and conclusion
- 07:20 – End your blog post with a question.
- 07:45 – Don’t forget your conclusion! People will ready your conclusion first.
- 08:20 – WP blog checklists on WordPress
- 08:54 – Design Pickle for unlimited new images
- 09:13 – Stock Unlimited for stock images
- 09:30 – Hemingwayapp.com
- 10:04 – Learn how to educate and convert customers.
- 10:28 – Create an actual process.
- 10:42 – That’s the end of this episode!
3 Key Points:
- Content marketing will have a compounding effect on your sales.
- Structure your article with an intro, body and conclusion.
- Use a conversational tone and be unique.
- Thomas Tunguz’s Post – Learn about the very real effects of content marketing
- WaitButWhy.com – An example of a unique and entertaining blog
- WP blog checklists – Stay organized with your writing process
- Design Pickle and Stock Unlimited – Sources for images to add to your blog
- Hemingwayapp.com – Learn what you need to change in your own writing to actually engage customers
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2296, Neil and Eric talk about how they have been leveraging AI writers. There have been a lot of developments in the AI space recently, but we are only just starting to uncover how to opt...
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...