In episode 753, Eric and Neil discuss the best way to write a cold email. Tune in to hear why you shouldn’t pitch someone right off the bat.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Best Way to Write a Cold Email
- [00:35] When Eric started emailing people, he would write epic novels.
- [00:53] It’s important that your emails are concise. No one wants to read a novel!
- [01:03] Make sure you personalize it in some way.
- [01:15] For instance, Neil like bottled water, so you could find a way to incorporate that into your pitch.
- [01:40] Don’t make a sales pitch, pitch a call or a smaller ask.
- [02:00] Neil has found that when you pitch in your very first email, it is so much harder to close or convert that customer.
- [02:07] Build a conversation.
- [02:22] Ask people for their feedback, then maybe get on the phone with them.
- [02:28] Ask if certain changes would sweeten the pot for the customer.
- [03:26] Build a relationship before you pitch your customer.
- [03:52] Most people fail at emailing because they pitch in the very first email.
- [04:07] Take the Neil Patel template and customize it.
- [04:20] Taking the extra step to personalize your emails will up your conversions.
- [04:33] That’s all for today!
- [04:36] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...
In episode #2406, Eric and Neil explore the question, “When should you hire offshore marketing talent?” Whether your goal is to save money or expand your business across the globe, hiring offshore...