In episode 753, Eric and Neil discuss the best way to write a cold email. Tune in to hear why you shouldn’t pitch someone right off the bat.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Best Way to Write a Cold Email
- [00:35] When Eric started emailing people, he would write epic novels.
- [00:53] It’s important that your emails are concise. No one wants to read a novel!
- [01:03] Make sure you personalize it in some way.
- [01:15] For instance, Neil like bottled water, so you could find a way to incorporate that into your pitch.
- [01:40] Don’t make a sales pitch, pitch a call or a smaller ask.
- [02:00] Neil has found that when you pitch in your very first email, it is so much harder to close or convert that customer.
- [02:07] Build a conversation.
- [02:22] Ask people for their feedback, then maybe get on the phone with them.
- [02:28] Ask if certain changes would sweeten the pot for the customer.
- [03:26] Build a relationship before you pitch your customer.
- [03:52] Most people fail at emailing because they pitch in the very first email.
- [04:07] Take the Neil Patel template and customize it.
- [04:20] Taking the extra step to personalize your emails will up your conversions.
- [04:33] That’s all for today!
- [04:36] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...