In episode #813, Eric and Neil discuss conferences and their value for small businesses. Tune in to hear how you could actually lose money attending unless you heed their advice.
Eric and Neil have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Conferences Will Lose You Money Unless You Do This
- [00:35] Most people attend the wrong conferences.
- [00:55] There are conferences where people are paying $20,000 to attend.
- [01:10] Even if you get paid to speak, doesn’t mean you’re going to generate an ROI.
- [01:14] The audience may not be the right fit for your company.
- [01:54] If you’re at a conference with lower-level people, they might not be able to close deals with you, as they aren’t decision makers.
- [02:30] If you are an introvert, you have to bring the party to you: throw a dinner and interact with a smaller group of people.
- [02:51] This is a good way to control some of the outcome.
- [03:30] Focus on the smaller events, as it’s much easier to close a deal.
- [03:46] Get cards, get info, and follow up.
- [04:33] Don’t be tacky, throw the dinner just to meet people and make connections. Don’t go for the hard sell.
- [04:54] That’s it for today!
- [04:59] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...
Ravi Theja Yada explains why behavioral analytics is superior to traditional metrics when it comes to understanding your consumers at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...
In episode #2561, you’ll learn how Warren Buffett’s approach to investing within his circle of confidence can be applied to content creation. Learn how to yield results by taking a simple but effe...