In episode #676, Eric and Neil Discuss the two schools of thought on content marketing. Tune in to hear how your conversions rates can be affected.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Content Marketing Doesn’t Work The Way You Think
- [00:37] There are two schools of thought on content marketing: The first is: Write a lot of content and you will get rankings, traffic, and generate a ton of sales.
- [01:02] Someone will not convert the same way if they visit your home page vs. your blog post, because the intent is to read, not to buy.
- [01:20] You just have to keep in mind how conversions work.
- [01:38] The second school of thought is that quality wins over quantity every time.
- [01:50] Backlinko writes infrequent, high-quality content.
- [02:07] HubSpot posts the most content, but their quality isn’t as good.
- [02:44] However, they still do extremely well in rankings, conversions, etc.
- [03:08] Backlinko is worth less than HubSpot.
- [03:40] Guest contributors can bring in new audience members and get you more conversions.
- [04:01] It’s all about finding high-ranking keywords and flooding the marketplace, which is what HubSpot does well.
- [04:20] It’s all about creating a framework/system for posts and guest posts.
- [04:35] Read the post from Tomasz Tunguz of Red Point Ventures about how content marketing compounds.
- [04:48] You will have hits and misses, but the more you post, the more likely you are to be successful.
- [05:00] Content marketing will boost your site authority.
- [05:20] That’s it for today!
- [05:26] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...