In episode #676, Eric and Neil Discuss the two schools of thought on content marketing. Tune in to hear how your conversions rates can be affected.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Content Marketing Doesn’t Work The Way You Think
- [00:37] There are two schools of thought on content marketing: The first is: Write a lot of content and you will get rankings, traffic, and generate a ton of sales.
- [01:02] Someone will not convert the same way if they visit your home page vs. your blog post, because the intent is to read, not to buy.
- [01:20] You just have to keep in mind how conversions work.
- [01:38] The second school of thought is that quality wins over quantity every time.
- [01:50] Backlinko writes infrequent, high-quality content.
- [02:07] HubSpot posts the most content, but their quality isn’t as good.
- [02:44] However, they still do extremely well in rankings, conversions, etc.
- [03:08] Backlinko is worth less than HubSpot.
- [03:40] Guest contributors can bring in new audience members and get you more conversions.
- [04:01] It’s all about finding high-ranking keywords and flooding the marketplace, which is what HubSpot does well.
- [04:20] It’s all about creating a framework/system for posts and guest posts.
- [04:35] Read the post from Tomasz Tunguz of Red Point Ventures about how content marketing compounds.
- [04:48] You will have hits and misses, but the more you post, the more likely you are to be successful.
- [05:00] Content marketing will boost your site authority.
- [05:20] That’s it for today!
- [05:26] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1546, we talk about the underutilized link between email marketing and SEO. Eric and Neil share how leveraging this untapped strategy has helped them grow in leaps and bounds and they shar...
In episode #1545, you will learn more about webinars and some ways to make them more engaging. Even in 2020, webinars are still a great way to drive sales, so it is super important that you make sure ...
In episode #1544, we discuss the value of building a defensible moat around your income. People like Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger like to invest in businesses with a moat for a good reason – th...