In episode #676, Eric and Neil Discuss the two schools of thought on content marketing. Tune in to hear how your conversions rates can be affected.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Content Marketing Doesn’t Work The Way You Think
- [00:37] There are two schools of thought on content marketing: The first is: Write a lot of content and you will get rankings, traffic, and generate a ton of sales.
- [01:02] Someone will not convert the same way if they visit your home page vs. your blog post, because the intent is to read, not to buy.
- [01:20] You just have to keep in mind how conversions work.
- [01:38] The second school of thought is that quality wins over quantity every time.
- [01:50] Backlinko writes infrequent, high-quality content.
- [02:07] HubSpot posts the most content, but their quality isn’t as good.
- [02:44] However, they still do extremely well in rankings, conversions, etc.
- [03:08] Backlinko is worth less than HubSpot.
- [03:40] Guest contributors can bring in new audience members and get you more conversions.
- [04:01] It’s all about finding high-ranking keywords and flooding the marketplace, which is what HubSpot does well.
- [04:20] It’s all about creating a framework/system for posts and guest posts.
- [04:35] Read the post from Tomasz Tunguz of Red Point Ventures about how content marketing compounds.
- [04:48] You will have hits and misses, but the more you post, the more likely you are to be successful.
- [05:00] Content marketing will boost your site authority.
- [05:20] That’s it for today!
- [05:26] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
The Quickest, Easiest Way To Connect With Top Influencers...
7 Marketing Trends We're Excited About for 2021...