In many ways, the NFT world is still in such an early stage of development that there’s no real playbook that entrepreneurs or creators can follow for building their businesses, especially if they want to scale. Today on the show we get together with Will Weinraub, CEO and Co-Founder at OnChain Studios, to talk about how he originally created Cryptoys as a gift for his daughter, the strategies they’re using to scale their product, and some of the biggest challenges facing entrepreneurs in the Web3 space today. Tuning in, you’ll learn about Cryptoys’ partnership with Mattel, how the world-famous toy company is leaning into innovation by embracing digital toys for kids, and why it’s so important to find the right partner to help you build your vision in the Web3 space. We also unpack why storytelling is an essential skill for entrepreneurs to master and reflect on recent developments in the crypto space, including the news that Solana will launch a new smartphone in 2023 and Doodles’ decision to appoint Pharrell Williams as their Chief Brand Officer. Tune in for key insights from one of the most passionate leaders in the Web3 space, and much more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [01:49] Get to know today’s guest, Will Weinraub CEO and Co-Founder at OnChain Studios.
- [05:21] How Will’s daughter inspired the creation of Cryptoys.
- [08:52] The three pillars that form the foundation of Will’s business strategy: toys, gaming, and entertainment.
- [09:36] Insights into how Cryptoys plans to scale.
- [11:44] How Cryptoys became connected with Mattel and why they are ideal partners.
- [14:28] The challenges of communicating an entirely new vision during a pitch meeting.
- [20:50] Why storytelling is one of the most important skills an entrepreneur can invest in.
- [23:13] Why good storytelling is the equivalent of good communication.
- [24:33] Will shares his approach to recruiting.
- [27:08] How to recruit and retain top talent in the Web3 space.
- [31:23] Our thoughts on some of the liquidations that have been happening in the crypto space.
- [33:48] Some of the exciting developments happening at Doodles, including their partnership with Pharrell Williams!
- [37:32] Our thoughts on Solana’s plans to release a smartphone in 2023.
- [41:25] An overview of Shopify’s decision to add NFT gated features and what it means for the broader NFT culture.
- [47:24] That’s it for today! Don’t forget to rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast!
- [47:25] Go to https://www.marketingschool.io to learn more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...