In episode #554, Eric and Neil share some of their daily habits that they believe contribute to their success. Tune in to hear some great tips for being productive!
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Daily Habits Shared by the World’s Most Successful Marketers
- [00:36] You have to continuously learn, because things are always changing.
- [00:42] Eric is always checking Feedly to keep abreast of issues and changes in marketing.
- [01:30] Neil, one of the world’s most successful marketers, likes to make to-do lists and break things down into daily tasks.
- [01:42] He finds he learns the most from events and meetups.
- [02:15] Eric learned some vital techniques from the book The One Thing.
- [02:20] He uses Evernote to organize his to-do lists. He puts one thing at the top as the one major thing he absolutely must get done that day.
- [02:57] The tool that Neil looks at every day: Google Analytics.
- [03:20] He uses GA because it helps him see issues before they are even publicly announced.
- [03:43] He also uses Gmail and Skype daily, Ahrefs and SEMrush several times per week.
- [04:00] Daily tools that Eric uses: Pocket, Slack, Asana.
- [05:10] Neil likes Trello, as it allows him to see all his agency’s projects at once.
- [05:45] Daily meditation, journaling, and exercise are other great daily tools.
- [06:11] Neil’s daily habits are: waking up at 5am, working out for 30 minutes or so, eating breakfast, meetings throughout the day.
- [06:57] The more you can optimize your life, the better.
- [07:29] Neil also tries to take a walk every single day to clear his mind.
- [08:24] If you don’t want to spend money on expensive exercise classes, you can buy a walking/standing desk.
- [08:36] That’s it for today!
- [08:38] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special edition of Crazy Egg, the heat mapping tool.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1513, we share seven tools that will help you grow your traffic. When trying to ramp up your traffic, whether it be on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, WordPress, or your website, it is all a...
In episode #1512, you’ll hear about seven tools you can use to grow your SaaS company from us. Whether you’re working B2B or B2C, having the best tools for note-taking, A/B testing, decreasing chu...
In this special episode of Marketing School we speak to the 'traffic guy', John Parkes, who is CMO of ClickFunnels! At Marketing School we are big fans of the company and their amazing co-founder, Rus...