In episode #554, Eric and Neil share some of their daily habits that they believe contribute to their success. Tune in to hear some great tips for being productive!
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Daily Habits Shared by the World’s Most Successful Marketers
- [00:36] You have to continuously learn, because things are always changing.
- [00:42] Eric is always checking Feedly to keep abreast of issues and changes in marketing.
- [01:30] Neil, one of the world’s most successful marketers, likes to make to-do lists and break things down into daily tasks.
- [01:42] He finds he learns the most from events and meetups.
- [02:15] Eric learned some vital techniques from the book The One Thing.
- [02:20] He uses Evernote to organize his to-do lists. He puts one thing at the top as the one major thing he absolutely must get done that day.
- [02:57] The tool that Neil looks at every day: Google Analytics.
- [03:20] He uses GA because it helps him see issues before they are even publicly announced.
- [03:43] He also uses Gmail and Skype daily, Ahrefs and SEMrush several times per week.
- [04:00] Daily tools that Eric uses: Pocket, Slack, Asana.
- [05:10] Neil likes Trello, as it allows him to see all his agency’s projects at once.
- [05:45] Daily meditation, journaling, and exercise are other great daily tools.
- [06:11] Neil’s daily habits are: waking up at 5am, working out for 30 minutes or so, eating breakfast, meetings throughout the day.
- [06:57] The more you can optimize your life, the better.
- [07:29] Neil also tries to take a walk every single day to clear his mind.
- [08:24] If you don’t want to spend money on expensive exercise classes, you can buy a walking/standing desk.
- [08:36] That’s it for today!
- [08:38] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special edition of Crazy Egg, the heat mapping tool.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #930, we discuss how to use Amazon for content and product development. Tune in to hear how you can use reviews to your advantage....
In episode #929, we discuss whether you should rebrand your logo. Tune in to hear if a rebranding is worth the trouble....