In episode #898, we discuss a day of the life of a new SEO. Tune in to hear what we did when starting out.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Day in Life of a Newbie SEO
- [01:05] Eric made Light Show Videos and thought the site was going to be a hit.
- [01:30] He thought people would want to see laser light shows from music festivals.
- [01:48] He did keyword research and found high volume keywords.
- [01:58] Then he created content by finding YouTube videos of light shows and writing about them.
- [02:32] He then started reaching out to similar sites and got a few cross-links.
- [02:50] He ranked #1 for keyword “light shows”, but he found that he wasn’t making money.
- [03:20] Neil created a job board, but he wasn’t getting any traffic.
- [04:08] He also did outreach and tried to make connections.
- [04:23] After changing his email template, he got 1 response.
- [04:41] It takes a lot of fine tuning to be successful.
- [05:20] Double down on what works.
- [05:33] Don’t just focus on traffic, remember to track revenue.
- [05:57] That’s it for today!
- [06:02] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2565, we take a deep dive into the often-overlooked world of business policies and their profound impact on your success. It's a reality check that every entrepreneur needs: how seemingly ...
In episode #2564, we are sharing our tips for winning on YouTube in 2023. We discuss creating engagement, making fresh content, optimizing for keywords, using AI to translate your content into multipl...
Thomas Ma shared the hottest AI tools you could use and explained how experimenting with them led to better results at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...