In episode #898, we discuss a day of the life of a new SEO. Tune in to hear what we did when starting out.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Day in Life of a Newbie SEO
- [01:05] Eric made Light Show Videos and thought the site was going to be a hit.
- [01:30] He thought people would want to see laser light shows from music festivals.
- [01:48] He did keyword research and found high volume keywords.
- [01:58] Then he created content by finding YouTube videos of light shows and writing about them.
- [02:32] He then started reaching out to similar sites and got a few cross-links.
- [02:50] He ranked #1 for keyword “light shows”, but he found that he wasn’t making money.
- [03:20] Neil created a job board, but he wasn’t getting any traffic.
- [04:08] He also did outreach and tried to make connections.
- [04:23] After changing his email template, he got 1 response.
- [04:41] It takes a lot of fine tuning to be successful.
- [05:20] Double down on what works.
- [05:33] Don’t just focus on traffic, remember to track revenue.
- [05:57] That’s it for today!
- [06:02] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2415, we discuss whether newsletters are good businesses. Newsletters can be a great way to build an audience, as well as something you can charge subscribers for, but are they the best us...
In episode #2414, we talk about whether you should build or buy when it comes to talent in your company. There are arguments to be made for both routes to growing your company and its teams, and here ...
In episode #2413, we discuss how to take accountability for your marketing screwups. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what kind of marketing genius you are, you will screw up at some point. ...