In episode #1458, we talk about the impact of big brands boycotting Facebook and Instagram ads. A while ago, significant brands pulled their ads from Facebook, demanding that the platform implement stricter regulations around hate speech. Tune in to hear what the short and long-term effects are!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: If Big Brands Boycotting Facebook and Instagram Ads Make A Difference.
- [00:33] The context for the episode and what companies are demanding from these platforms.
- [01:03] Facebook has many other stakeholders to please and has therefore not done much.
- [01:14] Many big brands are pulling their ads from Facebook.
- [01:38] Why there will be a significant short-term impact on platforms like Facebook.
- [01:49] In the long-run, it is likely that the brands will turn on their Facebook ads again.
- [02:10] The relevance of incentives for publicly traded companies.
- [02:48] This is just a slap on the wrist for Facebook—but they still have the leverage.
- [03:08] The fact remains: Facebook drives a ton of sales for things like e-commerce.
- [03:23] Work hard to build leverage and then you no longer need to work as hard.
- [03:51] Mark Zuckerberg is not worth 70+ billion dollars for no reason!
- [03:55] That’s it for today!
- [03:57] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or text us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1513, we share seven tools that will help you grow your traffic. When trying to ramp up your traffic, whether it be on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, WordPress, or your website, it is all a...
In episode #1512, you’ll hear about seven tools you can use to grow your SaaS company from us. Whether you’re working B2B or B2C, having the best tools for note-taking, A/B testing, decreasing chu...
In this special episode of Marketing School we speak to the 'traffic guy', John Parkes, who is CMO of ClickFunnels! At Marketing School we are big fans of the company and their amazing co-founder, Rus...