In episode #1458, we talk about the impact of big brands boycotting Facebook and Instagram ads. A while ago, significant brands pulled their ads from Facebook, demanding that the platform implement stricter regulations around hate speech with facebook comment moderation. Tune in to hear what the short and long-term effects are!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: If Big Brands Boycotting Facebook and Instagram Ads Make A Difference.
- [00:33] The context for the episode and what companies are demanding from these platforms.
- [01:03] Facebook has many other stakeholders to please and has therefore not done much.
- [01:14] Many big brands are pulling their ads from Facebook.
- [01:38] Why there will be a significant short-term impact on platforms like Facebook.
- [01:49] In the long-run, it is likely that the brands will turn on their Facebook ads again.
- [02:10] The relevance of incentives for publicly traded companies.
- [02:48] This is just a slap on the wrist for Facebook—but they still have the leverage.
- [03:08] The fact remains: Facebook drives a ton of sales for things like e-commerce.
- [03:23] Work hard to build leverage and then you no longer need to work as hard.
- [03:51] Mark Zuckerberg is not worth 70+ billion dollars for no reason!
- [03:55] That’s it for today!
- [03:57] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or text us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...
Ravi Theja Yada explains why behavioral analytics is superior to traditional metrics when it comes to understanding your consumers at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...
In episode #2561, you’ll learn how Warren Buffett’s approach to investing within his circle of confidence can be applied to content creation. Learn how to yield results by taking a simple but effe...