In episode #1458, we talk about the impact of big brands boycotting Facebook and Instagram ads. A while ago, significant brands pulled their ads from Facebook, demanding that the platform implement stricter regulations around hate speech with facebook comment moderation. Tune in to hear what the short and long-term effects are!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: If Big Brands Boycotting Facebook and Instagram Ads Make A Difference.
- [00:33] The context for the episode and what companies are demanding from these platforms.
- [01:03] Facebook has many other stakeholders to please and has therefore not done much.
- [01:14] Many big brands are pulling their ads from Facebook.
- [01:38] Why there will be a significant short-term impact on platforms like Facebook.
- [01:49] In the long-run, it is likely that the brands will turn on their Facebook ads again.
- [02:10] The relevance of incentives for publicly traded companies.
- [02:48] This is just a slap on the wrist for Facebook—but they still have the leverage.
- [03:08] The fact remains: Facebook drives a ton of sales for things like e-commerce.
- [03:23] Work hard to build leverage and then you no longer need to work as hard.
- [03:51] Mark Zuckerberg is not worth 70+ billion dollars for no reason!
- [03:55] That’s it for today!
- [03:57] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or text us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...