In episode #1458, we talk about the impact of big brands boycotting Facebook and Instagram ads. A while ago, significant brands pulled their ads from Facebook, demanding that the platform implement stricter regulations around hate speech with facebook comment moderation. Tune in to hear what the short and long-term effects are!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: If Big Brands Boycotting Facebook and Instagram Ads Make A Difference.
- [00:33] The context for the episode and what companies are demanding from these platforms.
- [01:03] Facebook has many other stakeholders to please and has therefore not done much.
- [01:14] Many big brands are pulling their ads from Facebook.
- [01:38] Why there will be a significant short-term impact on platforms like Facebook.
- [01:49] In the long-run, it is likely that the brands will turn on their Facebook ads again.
- [02:10] The relevance of incentives for publicly traded companies.
- [02:48] This is just a slap on the wrist for Facebook—but they still have the leverage.
- [03:08] The fact remains: Facebook drives a ton of sales for things like e-commerce.
- [03:23] Work hard to build leverage and then you no longer need to work as hard.
- [03:51] Mark Zuckerberg is not worth 70+ billion dollars for no reason!
- [03:55] That’s it for today!
- [03:57] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or text us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....