In episode #1458, we talk about the impact of big brands boycotting Facebook and Instagram ads. A while ago, significant brands pulled their ads from Facebook, demanding that the platform implement stricter regulations around hate speech. Tune in to hear what the short and long-term effects are!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: If Big Brands Boycotting Facebook and Instagram Ads Make A Difference.
- [00:33] The context for the episode and what companies are demanding from these platforms.
- [01:03] Facebook has many other stakeholders to please and has therefore not done much.
- [01:14] Many big brands are pulling their ads from Facebook.
- [01:38] Why there will be a significant short-term impact on platforms like Facebook.
- [01:49] In the long-run, it is likely that the brands will turn on their Facebook ads again.
- [02:10] The relevance of incentives for publicly traded companies.
- [02:48] This is just a slap on the wrist for Facebook—but they still have the leverage.
- [03:08] The fact remains: Facebook drives a ton of sales for things like e-commerce.
- [03:23] Work hard to build leverage and then you no longer need to work as hard.
- [03:51] Mark Zuckerberg is not worth 70+ billion dollars for no reason!
- [03:55] That’s it for today!
- [03:57] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or text us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1471, we share seven little-known copywriting hacks! From sentiment analysis tools and swipe files, to the power of headlines and timing, these seven hacks can get your copy from average t...
In episode #1470, we share our views about whether all Google SERP CTRs are created equal. The results for clickthrough rates have changed significantly, especially in terms of educational content sin...
In episode #1469, we talk about how to create a one-man media company. Gone are the days when everybody followed and cared about large corporations: today people are far more interested in connecting ...