In episode #1383, we ask whether headings really impact your rankings. We talk about the different ways Neil measured the effect of headings in a recent experiment. From font size and tags, to paragraphs and more, tune in to find the surprising effect these can all have on your traffic and SEO.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Do Headings Really Impact Your Rankings?
- [00:35] The surprising test results that sparked this conversation.
- [01:42] The four groups of headings that Neil used to measure efficacy.
- [02:29] Which groups improved traffic and which groups declined — what does Google like?
- [03:19] Same font sizes result in shorter visits to your site.
- [04:05] Pulling snippets from headings and making it easier for search engines.
- [04:17] That is it for today!
- [04:20] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...