In episode #1383, we ask whether headings really impact your rankings. We talk about the different ways Neil measured the effect of headings in a recent experiment. From font size and tags, to paragraphs and more, tune in to find the surprising effect these can all have on your traffic and SEO.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Do Headings Really Impact Your Rankings?
- [00:35] The surprising test results that sparked this conversation.
- [01:42] The four groups of headings that Neil used to measure efficacy.
- [02:29] Which groups improved traffic and which groups declined — what does Google like?
- [03:19] Same font sizes result in shorter visits to your site.
- [04:05] Pulling snippets from headings and making it easier for search engines.
- [04:17] That is it for today!
- [04:20] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1398 we give you seven unique blog post angles that drive a flood of traffic. From creating visualizations of other popular posts to hosting expert interviews and documenting how you solve...
In episode #1397, we talk about seven simple ways to save money on your marketing! Almost everyone is looking to cut costs at the moment and your marketing budget should be no different. Tune in to he...
In episode #1396, we talk about where the good investment opportunities are right now. In the middle of the current pandemic, the only safe action would be putting some money into the stock market, ev...