In episode #719, Eric and Neil discuss the efficacy of midrolls. Tune in to hear whether you should drop the midrolls or keep them.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Do Midroll Ads Really Work?
- [00:40] In podcasts, there are always ads in the middle of the show.
- [00:50] Most podcasters use this format, where they run ads in the beginning, middle, and the end.
- [01:35] Eric was looking at their Apple Podcast retention rates.
- [01:50] Because Growth Everywhere has a midroll, he checked the retention rates.
- [02:09] He lost 50% of people at the midroll, but it increased after the ad.
- [02:30] So, keep your midrolls, because people will just skip them, but will continue to listen and stay engaged.
- [03:20] Perhaps create a customized landing page to increase ROI.
- [03:50] Andrew Warner integrates his ads into the podcast episode, which increases sign-ups.
- [04:22] If you auto-insert ads, people will skip them. If you pay people for custom plugs, that will generate more revenue.
- [05:12] What Warner does is “native advertising”.
- [05:30] This way makes it less predictable.
- [05:50] That’s it for today!
- [05:56] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveaway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...