In episode #719, Eric and Neil discuss the efficacy of midrolls. Tune in to hear whether you should drop the midrolls or keep them.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Do Midroll Ads Really Work?
- [00:40] In podcasts, there are always ads in the middle of the show.
- [00:50] Most podcasters use this format, where they run ads in the beginning, middle, and the end.
- [01:35] Eric was looking at their Apple Podcast retention rates.
- [01:50] Because Growth Everywhere has a midroll, he checked the retention rates.
- [02:09] He lost 50% of people at the midroll, but it increased after the ad.
- [02:30] So, keep your midrolls, because people will just skip them, but will continue to listen and stay engaged.
- [03:20] Perhaps create a customized landing page to increase ROI.
- [03:50] Andrew Warner integrates his ads into the podcast episode, which increases sign-ups.
- [04:22] If you auto-insert ads, people will skip them. If you pay people for custom plugs, that will generate more revenue.
- [05:12] What Warner does is “native advertising”.
- [05:30] This way makes it less predictable.
- [05:50] That’s it for today!
- [05:56] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveaway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....