In episode #719, Eric and Neil discuss the efficacy of midrolls. Tune in to hear whether you should drop the midrolls or keep them.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Do Midroll Ads Really Work?
- [00:40] In podcasts, there are always ads in the middle of the show.
- [00:50] Most podcasters use this format, where they run ads in the beginning, middle, and the end.
- [01:35] Eric was looking at their Apple Podcast retention rates.
- [01:50] Because Growth Everywhere has a midroll, he checked the retention rates.
- [02:09] He lost 50% of people at the midroll, but it increased after the ad.
- [02:30] So, keep your midrolls, because people will just skip them, but will continue to listen and stay engaged.
- [03:20] Perhaps create a customized landing page to increase ROI.
- [03:50] Andrew Warner integrates his ads into the podcast episode, which increases sign-ups.
- [04:22] If you auto-insert ads, people will skip them. If you pay people for custom plugs, that will generate more revenue.
- [05:12] What Warner does is “native advertising”.
- [05:30] This way makes it less predictable.
- [05:50] That’s it for today!
- [05:56] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveaway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2565, we take a deep dive into the often-overlooked world of business policies and their profound impact on your success. It's a reality check that every entrepreneur needs: how seemingly ...
In episode #2564, we are sharing our tips for winning on YouTube in 2023. We discuss creating engagement, making fresh content, optimizing for keywords, using AI to translate your content into multipl...
Thomas Ma shared the hottest AI tools you could use and explained how experimenting with them led to better results at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...