In Episode #372, Eric and Neil discuss whether social sharing buttons still work. Tune-in to learn whether social sharing buttons are effective in driving traffic to your site, how to use them properly if you still wish to use them, and an alternative to the buttons that is proven to work.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Do Social Sharing Buttons Still Work?
- 00:39 – Sumo is a plugin for social share buttons
- 00:47 – Eric personally uses Buffer to share
- 00:58 – Neil tracked the social share button clicks
- 01:03 – It drives traffic once in awhile
- 01:22 – The only way to get traffic from social share buttons are to integrate them within the post
- 01:30 – Click to tweet
- 01:34 – Having quotes or snippets within your blog post that is easy to share drives more traffic
- 01:45 – Integrating the buttons within the blog post is more effective than scrolling social buttons within the blog
- 02:05 – The percentage of clicks is NOT high
- 02:25 – For Eric, social sharing buttons don’t work
- 02:33 – If you still put them in, just choose the major social media sites
- 02:50 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool that helps you increase your conversion rate
- 03:41 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 03:46 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Social sharing buttons does work, but it needs to be integrated into the post.
- An alternative to social sharing buttons is adding a click to tweet somewhere in your post.
- If you still want social sharing buttons, just pick the major social media sites.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....
In episode #2409, Neil and Eric talk about how YouTube and Spotify are changing the podcast game. You might think that with five to 10 million podcasts in existence, the world of podcasts is saturated...