In episode #961, we discuss whether blogging is still relevant. Tune in to hear if this method is still effective.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Do You Even Need to Blog Anymore?
- [00:35] We still blog, but we try not to spend money on it.
- [01:15] You can’t please everyone with one format, which is why it is important to blog.
- [01:21] Blogs still generate more traffic from a Google search.
- [01:40] Podcasting only gets good traffic for the first 30 days.
- [02:08] When you blog, you have more control over the SEO.
- [02:35] People are able to find you more organically.
- [03:00] In general, the answer is yes, but that doesn’t mean you need to create thousands of blog posts.
- [03:45] If you’re going to blog, write about new, fresh ideas.
- [04:05] Once Google recognizes your site as “quality” it will push your results to the top.
- [04:18] That’s it for today!
- [04:49] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...
In episode #2185, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire short-form video editors at scale. There are more opportunities than ever to find and hire freelancers from the comfort of your favorite device, ...
If someone were to ask you about the state of your cash flow, would you be able to give an accurate response? According to today’s guest, Alan Miltz, most companies misunderstand their cash flow, an...