In Episode #85 Neil and Eric ask whether or not you need to be able to code to be a successful marketer. Coding will help you in a lot of ways but it’s not the only thing you should know about! Listen as Eric and Neil share what you should consider.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: Do you need to be able to code to be a successful online marketer?
- 00:37 – NO, You don’t need to do coding
- 01:12 – In general, you don’t need to learn to code
- 01:31 – You can always hire a developer in Upwork
- 01:59 – Eric joined Treehouse to learn coding but ended up doing marketing more
- 03:03 – Stay in your lane, stay focused
- 03:13 – Be very creative and technical
- 03:44 – You also need to be able to understand math
- 05:17 – Use Zapier so you can hook different web applications together
- 06:17 – If you want to learn data science, check DataCamp
- 06:34 – If you want to learn coding, check Treehouse and Codecademy
- 06:44 – Check web analytics to learn more about analytics
- 07:10 – Read Kaushik’s blog
- 07:42 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Coding is not a requirement but it’s helpful.
- You can always hire people to code for you.
- Remember to be creative, technical, and focused.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...