In Episode #85 Neil and Eric ask whether or not you need to be able to code to be a successful marketer. Coding will help you in a lot of ways but it’s not the only thing you should know about! Listen as Eric and Neil share what you should consider.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: Do you need to be able to code to be a successful online marketer?
- 00:37 – NO, You don’t need to do coding
- 01:12 – In general, you don’t need to learn to code
- 01:31 – You can always hire a developer in Upwork
- 01:59 – Eric joined Treehouse to learn coding but ended up doing marketing more
- 03:03 – Stay in your lane, stay focused
- 03:13 – Be very creative and technical
- 03:44 – You also need to be able to understand math
- 05:17 – Use Zapier so you can hook different web applications together
- 06:17 – If you want to learn data science, check DataCamp
- 06:34 – If you want to learn coding, check Treehouse and Codecademy
- 06:44 – Check web analytics to learn more about analytics
- 07:10 – Read Kaushik’s blog
- 07:42 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Coding is not a requirement but it’s helpful.
- You can always hire people to code for you.
- Remember to be creative, technical, and focused.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...