In episode #836, we discuss the appropriate length for blog posts. Tune in to hear how long your posts should be.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Do You Really Need to Write 1890 Word Blog Posts to Rank on Page 1?
- [00:45] Brian Dean is the one who came up with this theory.
- [01:08] Google looks at each industry separately.
- [02:05] You don’t need long form content to succeed.
- [02:40] There a lot of things you can do to rank.
- [02:52] In the B2B industry, longer is better.
- [03:03] B2C, length isn’t as important.
- [03:54] Use SEMRush or Ahrefs to look at the top ten results in your industry.
- [04:11] See what the trend is for length.
- [04:32] That’s it for today!
- [04:40] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...