Do You Need To Write 2,000-word Articles To Rank High on Google?
In episode #1627, we are going to talk about if you really need to write 2,000-word articles to rank highly on Google. The short answer is no, and in this episode, we tell you exactly why. We touch on how user experience should always come first, and why data isn’t necessarily lying to you but it isn’t telling the truth either. Covered in today’s show are also the most important questions you should ask yourself when you’re curating content for your audience. To find out what these are and much more, be sure to join us in class today!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:21] Today’s topic: do you really need to write 2,000-word articles to rank high on Google?
- [01:12] The misconceptions about high ranking long-style articles.
- [01:31] Why you don’t need to write that much to rank highly.
- [01:49] Why you shouldn’t apply long-form writing to every piece of content you put out.
- [02:09] How you should be thinking about the strategy side of things.
- [02:28] The risk of using a content style that isn’t fit for purpose.
- [02:35] What you should be focussing on to best serve the user experience
- [03:02] Reasons why you shouldn’t take all SEO advice literally.
- [03:38] That’s it for today!
- [05:05] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2183, Neil and Eric talk about how to create videos in 60 different languages using AI. Translating your videos into different languages can open your business up to huge new markets, but ...
In episode #2182, Neil and Eric talk about how they would start from scratch today. While a lot of trends in marketing are continually evolving, there will always be a place for good content and engag...
In episode #2181, Neil and Eric talk about Meta’s announcement that Facebook will be undergoing a redesign based on the TikTok platform. Facebook has always excelled at taking what's working for oth...