In Episode #272, Eric and Neil discuss whether you still need to build links if your traffic is growing. Tune in to learn when it’s the RIGHT time to build your links and when it’s time to work on creating great content. This will help you save time and maximize your efforts.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Do You Still Need to Build Links if Your Traffic Is Growing?
- 00:39 – “You don’t really need to build links if your traffic is growing”
- 00:48 – If you build links, you’ll only get results 6 months later
- 00:58 – Your traffic will grow from 3-6 months on, as soon as it starts flatlining, you will need to build links again
- 01:17 – When your links start declining on the upwards swing, then you have to build more and more
- 01:26 – You don’t have to build your links every month because it’s expensive and time consuming
- 01:35 – If you have a good base, it is better to build more traffic, like what Eric does
- 01:39 – Just write more content so you’ll have more words which will lead to more search traffic
- 01:47 – Building traffic is easier than building links
- 01:49 – You still need to have enough links for the content to work
- 01:58 – Neil builds links once every quarter
- 02:13 – When Eric started Single Grain, they only had 5K-7K website visits a month and it has now grown into 58K
- 02:30 – Each quarter, Eric will do dial-up link building
- 02:40 – Eric consistently creates content as well
- 02:47 – Eric upgrades their content
- 02:29 – Repurposing content works for Eric, too
- 03:14 – Eric continuously hires new writers
- 03:28 – When you’re domain authority is good and generating traffic organically, that’s when you slow down with link building and focus on content
- 03:46 – You need a base of links for your content to do well
- 03:58 – You can track your link building using Ahrefs
- 04:12 – Marketing School is giving away free one-year subscription of LeadQuizzes which will allow you to create quizzes that collect leads
- 04:33 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 04:29 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 04:58 – Eric and Neil simply want to share the tools that they use, they’re not getting anything from it
- 05:16 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- If your traffic is constantly and consistently growing, link building is optional.
- You still need to have enough links for your content to work and generate traffic to your site.
- It’s about testing – test to know what works well for your site.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2406, Eric and Neil explore the question, “When should you hire offshore marketing talent?” Whether your goal is to save money or expand your business across the globe, hiring offshore...
In episode #2405, Eric and Neil talk about how to get maximum ROI from conferences. After recently returning from the Affiliate World Dubai conference, they chose a few of the key learnings from their...
In episode #2404, Neil and Eric talk about what marketers can learn from Warren Buffett’s $130B cash hoard. One of Warren Buffett’s key investor strategies is buying good businesses at a reasonabl...