In Episode #446, Eric and Neil discuss whether adding more text to a page will always result in increased long-tail traffic. Tune in to learn how to effectively add more text to your content and why you should NOT do it if you’re at rank zero.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Does Adding More Text to a Page Always Result in Increased Long-tail Traffic?
- 00:40 – In most cases, adding more text to a page increases long-tail traffic
- 00:47 – A great example is Abraham Lincoln’s Wikipedia page that continuously grows
- 01:26 – Neil has done tests around adding more text and he saw that the long-tail traffic does, in fact, increase
- 01:33 – The words or phrases should correspond to the content
- 01:51 – If you’re ranking zero and update with more text, you could lose your ranking
- 02:21 – Go to the Google Search Console and check all the words and phrases for which you have impressions and/or low click-through rates and expand on those topics
- 02:41 – After doing a rewrite and republishing, submit your page to the Google Search Console
- 02:55 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg, which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:26 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 03:08 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Adding text that is irrelevant will negatively affect your traffic.
- If you’re already ranking zero and you add more text to your existing page, you might lose this ranking.
- Expand upon the words or phrases you barely mention to improve your SEO.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2565, we take a deep dive into the often-overlooked world of business policies and their profound impact on your success. It's a reality check that every entrepreneur needs: how seemingly ...
In episode #2564, we are sharing our tips for winning on YouTube in 2023. We discuss creating engagement, making fresh content, optimizing for keywords, using AI to translate your content into multipl...
Thomas Ma shared the hottest AI tools you could use and explained how experimenting with them led to better results at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...