In episode #992 , we discuss whether AMP still helps with SEO. Tune in to hear what we think about this Google service.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Does AMP Still Help With SEO?
- [00:42] AMP stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages.
- [00:55] AMP helps speed up your page loads on mobile devices.
- [01:25] Google is caching, which is why it loads so quickly.
- [01:45] It strips a lot of stuff away to increase speed, so you lose out on a lot of conversions.
- [02:12] AMP helps somewhat in SEO.
- [02:22] In the United States, AMP doesn’t help with traffic.
- [02:45] In places like Brazil, the traffic increases.
- [03:05] If you are targeting less developed regions, AMP will still help you with SEO.
- [03:28] However, we can’t give a definitive answer.
- [04:05] By building on top of Google products, you risk losing control of your site.
- [04:36] That’s it for today!
- [05:15] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...