In episode #992 , we discuss whether AMP still helps with SEO. Tune in to hear what we think about this Google service.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Does AMP Still Help With SEO?
- [00:42] AMP stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages.
- [00:55] AMP helps speed up your page loads on mobile devices.
- [01:25] Google is caching, which is why it loads so quickly.
- [01:45] It strips a lot of stuff away to increase speed, so you lose out on a lot of conversions.
- [02:12] AMP helps somewhat in SEO.
- [02:22] In the United States, AMP doesn’t help with traffic.
- [02:45] In places like Brazil, the traffic increases.
- [03:05] If you are targeting less developed regions, AMP will still help you with SEO.
- [03:28] However, we can’t give a definitive answer.
- [04:05] By building on top of Google products, you risk losing control of your site.
- [04:36] That’s it for today!
- [05:15] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1471, we share seven little-known copywriting hacks! From sentiment analysis tools and swipe files, to the power of headlines and timing, these seven hacks can get your copy from average t...
In episode #1470, we share our views about whether all Google SERP CTRs are created equal. The results for clickthrough rates have changed significantly, especially in terms of educational content sin...
In episode #1469, we talk about how to create a one-man media company. Gone are the days when everybody followed and cared about large corporations: today people are far more interested in connecting ...