In episode #977, we discuss if podcast advertising actually works. Tune in to here if this method of marketing is a good idea.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Does Podcast Advertising Actually Work?
- [00:35] MeUndies advertises on podcasts. They make $75 Million a year.
- [00:48] They spent a third of their marketing budget on podcast advertising.
- [01:10] Eric thinks this is “stupid”.
- [01:40] Once you start advertising overly consistently, the message becomes lost on people.
- [02:15] People reach out wanting to advertise with us all the time.
- [02:40] It is estimated that Joe Rogan makes a killing with the ads on his podcast.
- [03:05] Knowing the audience is key.
- [03:15] It has to be the right product for the right people.
- [03:20] That’s it for today!
- [03:29] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #990, we discuss the best podcast analytics tool for 2019. Tune in to hear which tool we think is best....
In episode #989, we discuss where content marketing is heading. Tune in to hear what we think are the most important facets of content marketing....