In episode #977, we discuss if podcast advertising actually works. Tune in to here if this method of marketing is a good idea.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Does Podcast Advertising Actually Work?
- [00:35] MeUndies advertises on podcasts. They make $75 Million a year.
- [00:48] They spent a third of their marketing budget on podcast advertising.
- [01:10] Eric thinks this is “stupid”.
- [01:40] Once you start advertising overly consistently, the message becomes lost on people.
- [02:15] People reach out wanting to advertise with us all the time.
- [02:40] It is estimated that Joe Rogan makes a killing with the ads on his podcast.
- [03:05] Knowing the audience is key.
- [03:15] It has to be the right product for the right people.
- [03:20] That’s it for today!
- [03:29] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2292, we talk about why you should focus on conversions first and then traffic. We believe that your conversion rate is the most vital metric when it comes to digital marketing. While both...
In episode #2291, Neil and Eric address why brands matter. A few episodes back, we spoke about the power of your brand story. Today, we discuss what it takes to become a brand leader in your category,...
In episode #2290, Neil and Eric discuss why Meta is adding more ad placements and what this means for you. As you may already know, Instagram is increasing its ad load with the launch of two new a...