In episode #633, Eric and Neil discuss why you shouldn’t fall in love with an idea. Tune in to hear what you should love in order to be successful.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Don’t Fall in Love With an Idea
- [00:35] Most startups start with a totally different idea than what they are doing presently.
- [00:54] Don’t fall in love with an idea, fall in love with an industry.
- [01:55] As long as you stick with your industry, you can build upon that experience, as opposed to shifting to something else entirely.
- [02:18] It’s like compound interest: the moment you stop investing, you lose all that interest.
- [02:53] Stay in your lane.
- [03:01] In a Nathan Latka podcast interview, the discussion was about sticking with one industry instead of branching out into the unknown.
- [04:02] You need to love what you do, but make sure you love the industry.
- [04:20] Elon Musk had ZipTo, then Paypal, then SpaceX. Because he jumped industries, he struggled much longer before his success.
- [05:23] It’s like WOW: you need to keep levelling up.
- [06:00] That’s all for today!
- [06:04] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2568, we set our sights on growing business trends. We navigate the dynamic landscape of emerging trends that are reshaping the business world, with a spotlight on industry giants like Sho...
In episode #2567, we unpack the mystery behind Coca-Cola's new marketing formula. Join us as we quench your curiosity and explore how one of the world's most iconic brands continues to innovate its ma...
By now, artificial intelligence is nothing new. But there are new ways that companies can use AI to analyze marketing data, create high-quality content, and increase conversions with greater efficienc...