Don’t Make This Blogging Mistake
In episode #1731, we talk about a big mistake bloggers often make and how to avoid as well as rectify it. When people start blogging, often what happens is that they get a spike in traffic initially and then things go downhill from there. This is because they blog about the same topic over and over. Tune in and hear how to organize your content so that each piece ranks for different keywords!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Don’t Make This Blogging Mistake.
- [00:27] Most bloggers experience a decline in traffic over time.
- [00:56] The danger of blogging about the same topic over and over.
- [01:28] How the same keywords cause ranking cannibalization.
- [02:14] Using child pieces to rank back up to pillar pages.
- [02:46] The value of using a content library to monitor duplications.
- [02:55] Searching your blog for used keywords before writing a new post.
- [02:55] How to fix cannibalization using combination and 301 redirects.
- [03:19] Remember to rate, review, and subscribe to this show!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1814, Neil and Eric talk about their experiences with YouTube and share the ways they could improve and grow. Eric’s main point is around doubling down on one topic while Neil feels he c...
In episode #1813, we talk about our strategies for making the most out of conferences. While the content from conferences themselves is valuable, the networking and business opportunities they bring t...
In episode #1812, Neil and Eric talk about why most people don’t finish courses. Trying to get someone to be engaged during an online course is not easy, which is why you have to go the extra mile t...