In Episode #33 Eric and Neil discuss affiliate marketing. This marketing tactic, when pursued correctly, can be a very lucrative method for driving traffic.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:22 – What is affiliate marketing?
- 00:30 – Performance marketing. Someone else pushes your product.
- 01:00 – The seller collects the margin.
- 01:35 – There is a risk, but it can be very lucrative.
- 01:57 – Great opportunity if you don’t want to pay for marketing.
- 02:20 – Google search for affiliate networks and reach out to them.
- 02:40 – Release offers.
- 03:30 – Don’t jump the gun!
- 04:30 – Monitor the ads that affiliates are running.
- 05:00 – Bad traffic will give you bad reviews.
- 05:30 – The bigger the affiliate, the better.
- 05:45 – You need a strong website to give them a strong return.
- 06:10 – Read Affiliate Program Management: An Hour a Day
- 06:30 – If you’re starting out, affiliate marketing is a great way to start out.
- 07:10 – Learn more online about finding affiliates.
- 07:35 – Partners aiming for the same thing.
- 08:20 – Build a relationship.
- 08:45 – Rate and review our podcast!
3 Key Points:
- Affiliate marketing is a great way to start out!
- Make sure that you make smart decisions to avoid legal battles and maintain quality control.
- Look at affiliate marketing as a partnership, and foster that relationship.
- CallRail, LeadDyno, HasOffers – Tools to help you with quality control.
- Read Affiliate Program Management: An Hour a Day
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2466, we broach the topic of using AI for doing outbound. The goal with outbound is to stand out and AI can help you do so. Tune in to discover how AI can be used to customize insights for...
In episode #2465, we investigate the software that can create AI-generated articles to “drive real traffic”. Namely, byword.ai. While AI SEO strategies might have short-term results, we don’t be...
In episode #2464, we explore the question of vanity metrics versus revenue. We look at a particular story of a creator reaching 100 million views on YouTube with only a $900 return. These stats beg th...