In Episode #33 Eric and Neil discuss affiliate marketing. This marketing tactic, when pursued correctly, can be a very lucrative method for driving traffic.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:22 – What is affiliate marketing?
- 00:30 – Performance marketing. Someone else pushes your product.
- 01:00 – The seller collects the margin.
- 01:35 – There is a risk, but it can be very lucrative.
- 01:57 – Great opportunity if you don’t want to pay for marketing.
- 02:20 – Google search for affiliate networks and reach out to them.
- 02:40 – Release offers.
- 03:30 – Don’t jump the gun!
- 04:30 – Monitor the ads that affiliates are running.
- 05:00 – Bad traffic will give you bad reviews.
- 05:30 – The bigger the affiliate, the better.
- 05:45 – You need a strong website to give them a strong return.
- 06:10 – Read Affiliate Program Management: An Hour a Day
- 06:30 – If you’re starting out, affiliate marketing is a great way to start out.
- 07:10 – Learn more online about finding affiliates.
- 07:35 – Partners aiming for the same thing.
- 08:20 – Build a relationship.
- 08:45 – Rate and review our podcast!
3 Key Points:
- Affiliate marketing is a great way to start out!
- Make sure that you make smart decisions to avoid legal battles and maintain quality control.
- Look at affiliate marketing as a partnership, and foster that relationship.
- CallRail, LeadDyno, HasOffers – Tools to help you with quality control.
- Read Affiliate Program Management: An Hour a Day
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...