In episode #1423, we talk about how e-commerce is changing and what you can do to prepare. It’s not only the big players like Amazon who are doing well, it is the one-product e-commerce stores that are having a moment right now. Tune in to hear how you can keep your customers happy even when you run out of inventory!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: E-Commerce is Changing: Here’s How To Prepare.
- [00:51] If you’re just starting, opt for Shopify—they’re doing great right now.
- [01:03] At the moment, every day is Black Friday with Shopify!
- [01:14] What’s doing well right now are one-product e-commerce stores.
- [01:47] Google covid19.within.co to see how e-commerce is performing right now.
- [02:21] Ensure that you have your inventory and a strong supply chain.
- [02:40] Don’t be afraid of spending money on conversion rate optimization.
- [03:14] Google Ads and Facebook Ads will go up and become more expensive over time.
- [03:29] Optimize your funnel by offering something else on your thank-you page.
- [04:09] Avoid running out of inventory and what to do if that happens.
- [04:26] Think about also offering subscriptions in your e-commerce business.
- [05:43] Look at railroad traffic: how often goods are being transported across the US.
- [05:53] That’s it for today!
- [05:54] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...