In episode #1423, we talk about how e-commerce is changing and what you can do to prepare. It’s not only the big players like Amazon who are doing well, it is the one-product e-commerce stores that are having a moment right now. Tune in to hear how you can keep your customers happy even when you run out of inventory!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: E-Commerce is Changing: Here’s How To Prepare.
- [00:51] If you’re just starting, opt for Shopify—they’re doing great right now.
- [01:03] At the moment, every day is Black Friday with Shopify!
- [01:14] What’s doing well right now are one-product e-commerce stores.
- [01:47] Google covid19.within.co to see how e-commerce is performing right now.
- [02:21] Ensure that you have your inventory and a strong supply chain.
- [02:40] Don’t be afraid of spending money on conversion rate optimization.
- [03:14] Google Ads and Facebook Ads will go up and become more expensive over time.
- [03:29] Optimize your funnel by offering something else on your thank-you page.
- [04:09] Avoid running out of inventory and what to do if that happens.
- [04:26] Think about also offering subscriptions in your e-commerce business.
- [05:43] Look at railroad traffic: how often goods are being transported across the US.
- [05:53] That’s it for today!
- [05:54] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...