In episode #2197, Neil and Eric talk about the entitlement that has crept in over the past two years and how to deal with it. When workers have been with a company for a while they might become attached to certain perks and benefits. Unfortunately, economic environments aren’t always on the upswing, and sometimes companies need to adapt to harsh economic realities. Tune in as we discuss what happens when workers become complacent or entitled, what can be done to avoid it, and how to address it in your company.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: Entitlement Has Creeped In After The Last Two Years. Here’s How To Deal With It.
- [00:30] An overview of what we mean by entitlement, and how it was demonstrated during a recent meeting at Meta.
- [02:01] Why you want your staff to be adaptable, especially when the economy is volatile.
- [02:26] How to address entitlement creep in your company.
- [03:14] Why hiring good people is the best way to grow your company.
- [04:43] How employees with a bad attitude affect their teammates.
- [05:02] Eric’s weekly newsletter at Single Grain and how he has addressed entitlement.
- [05:25] That’s it for today! Don’t forget to rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast!
- [05:32] Go to https://www.marketingschool.io to learn more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2470, we explain why you’ve been thinking about AI the wrong way, and how you should approach it instead! While using AI for content creation is an incredible advancement, it still requi...
In episode #2469, we talk about how we optimize our travel for maximum output. Conferences and travel go hand in hand and we’ve figured out a few ways to ease the journey and curb jetlag. Tune in to...
In episode #2468, we break down our favorite marketing hack when speaking at conferences. We’ve been on the circuit for a few weeks and want to share our approach to marketing at events. Speaking, t...