In episode #665, Eric and Neil tell you what you should do instead of starting a business. Tune in to hear why you don’t have to start your own business.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Forget Starting a Business, Do This Instead
- [00:46] Neil thinks starting a business is one of the hardest things to do. It is far easier to buy a business.
- [01:25] Buy a company and grow it.
- [01:48] Income Store has over 800 websites. They buy other websites and promise a return to their investors.
- [02:09] They brought in $28 Million last year.
- [02:29] If you think you can’t afford to buy a business, you can always do cellar-based financing where you pay a monthly fee.
- [02:53] You can do a lot of creative things to cut costs and improve profits.
- [03:05] You can also only buy a portion of the company and include a clause where you can buy them out in the future.
- [03:34] FE International has great content about buying businesses.
- [03:45] Buy Biz Sell, Flippa, and Empire Flipper are also great resources.
- [04:02] If you are looking for low-cost deals, Flippa and Empire Flipper are good for that.
- [04:34] Neil’s favorite business purchases are blogs that aren’t properly monetized.
- [04:45] Buy a business once you have proven that you can grow someone else’s business.
- [05:00] Use those skills to grow your own site.
- [05:30] Grow things on your own and once you’re confident, buy a business.
- [05:34] That’s all for today!
- [05:37] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2631, We discuss the unconventional success of YouTuber Sam Sulek, who gained 2.31 million subscribers in just one year. Despite defying conventional wisdom, Sulek's daily, long-form worko...
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...