In episode #665, Eric and Neil tell you what you should do instead of starting a business. Tune in to hear why you don’t have to start your own business.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Forget Starting a Business, Do This Instead
- [00:46] Neil thinks starting a business is one of the hardest things to do. It is far easier to buy a business.
- [01:25] Buy a company and grow it.
- [01:48] Income Store has over 800 websites. They buy other websites and promise a return to their investors.
- [02:09] They brought in $28 Million last year.
- [02:29] If you think you can’t afford to buy a business, you can always do cellar-based financing where you pay a monthly fee.
- [02:53] You can do a lot of creative things to cut costs and improve profits.
- [03:05] You can also only buy a portion of the company and include a clause where you can buy them out in the future.
- [03:34] FE International has great content about buying businesses.
- [03:45] Buy Biz Sell, Flippa, and Empire Flipper are also great resources.
- [04:02] If you are looking for low-cost deals, Flippa and Empire Flipper are good for that.
- [04:34] Neil’s favorite business purchases are blogs that aren’t properly monetized.
- [04:45] Buy a business once you have proven that you can grow someone else’s business.
- [05:00] Use those skills to grow your own site.
- [05:30] Grow things on your own and once you’re confident, buy a business.
- [05:34] That’s all for today!
- [05:37] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...