In episode #712, Eric and Neil discuss why great marketers steal. Tune in to hear why you should be jacking tactics from other marketers.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Good Marketers Copy, Great Marketers Steal
- [00:45] Growing up, Eric played a game called “EverQuest”.
- [00:48] He had no strategy and saw a German player using a specific strategy and used that strategy to win a tournament.
- [01:17] In marketing, there is nothing wrong with stealing (except when it’s plagiarism).
- [01:33] Copying successful tactics is a good idea.
- [02:35] GrowthHackers is a great resource, as is Sparktoro.
- [02:54] Eric and Neil both use the traction framework, which means they run a lot of experiments.
- [03:40] Figure out what other successful marketers are doing and use their tactics to your benefit,
- [04:00] It’s not about being the first, it’s about being better.
- [04:15] Facebook steals a lot of stuff from their competitors.
- [04:45] Look at what you can convert and use for your own purposes.
- [05:00] That’s all for today!
- [05:03] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1899, Neil and Eric talk about 3 Reasons You Don’t Want to Be the Smartest Marketer. While it might feel good to be the smartest marketer in the room, you’re actually putting yourself ...
In episode #1898, Neil and Eric talk about What to Do When You Lose Your Rankings. There are a bunch of reasons why your rankings may take a hit. Sometimes your content has started to decay or in othe...
In episode #1897, Neil and Eric talk about How to Grow Your YouTube Channel Like They Are. Growing a YoutTube channel isn’t always straightforward. You might be gaining views and followers, and then...