In episode #712, Eric and Neil discuss why great marketers steal. Tune in to hear why you should be jacking tactics from other marketers.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Good Marketers Copy, Great Marketers Steal
- [00:45] Growing up, Eric played a game called “EverQuest”.
- [00:48] He had no strategy and saw a German player using a specific strategy and used that strategy to win a tournament.
- [01:17] In marketing, there is nothing wrong with stealing (except when it’s plagiarism).
- [01:33] Copying successful tactics is a good idea.
- [02:35] GrowthHackers is a great resource, as is Sparktoro.
- [02:54] Eric and Neil both use the traction framework, which means they run a lot of experiments.
- [03:40] Figure out what other successful marketers are doing and use their tactics to your benefit,
- [04:00] It’s not about being the first, it’s about being better.
- [04:15] Facebook steals a lot of stuff from their competitors.
- [04:45] Look at what you can convert and use for your own purposes.
- [05:00] That’s all for today!
- [05:03] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1430, we share seven remote work trends that will impact your business! As the world changes in front of our eyes, remote work has been a distinct component of the professional world durin...
In episode #1429, we unpack Google's upcoming algorithm update! Google is taking more care than ever around user experience and it seems their new updates will be no different. We talk about the reaso...
In episode #1428, we talk about what you can learn from black hat SEOs! There is a whole array of strategies and tactics out there to grow you brand and boost your traffic, and some are more within th...