In episode #712, Eric and Neil discuss why great marketers steal. Tune in to hear why you should be jacking tactics from other marketers.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Good Marketers Copy, Great Marketers Steal
- [00:45] Growing up, Eric played a game called “EverQuest”.
- [00:48] He had no strategy and saw a German player using a specific strategy and used that strategy to win a tournament.
- [01:17] In marketing, there is nothing wrong with stealing (except when it’s plagiarism).
- [01:33] Copying successful tactics is a good idea.
- [02:35] GrowthHackers is a great resource, as is Sparktoro.
- [02:54] Eric and Neil both use the traction framework, which means they run a lot of experiments.
- [03:40] Figure out what other successful marketers are doing and use their tactics to your benefit,
- [04:00] It’s not about being the first, it’s about being better.
- [04:15] Facebook steals a lot of stuff from their competitors.
- [04:45] Look at what you can convert and use for your own purposes.
- [05:00] That’s all for today!
- [05:03] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1232, we share some of the smartest marketing strategies that we have come across lately. You will hear great examples of how people are leveraging design to drive user enthusiasm on their...
In episode #1231, we share seven strategies that you can use to boost engagement on your LinkedIn significantly. We highlight LinkedIn’s great capacity for going live and teach you how to leverage t...
In episode #1230, we give you some tips about when to pass off social media work to an employee or third party organization, and when to do it yourself. The audience that you have built around your pe...