In episode #491, Eric and Neil explain the purpose of Google’s AMP and why it may be killing your revenue. If you are an e-commerce business, this episode should be of particular interest to you. Tune in to discover how AMP is hurting your business.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Google’s AMP Is Killing Your Revenue
- [00:35] Explaining the purpose of Google’s AMP.
- [01:13] When stripping down sites for mobile access, it strips away ads to get the sites to load more quickly.
- [01:30] Reasons why certain countries have different rates of search traffic.
- [02:30] Why your revenue will tank in spite of search traffic increases.
- [03:13] Even though Google says they are adding tools for publishers, take it with a grain of salt.
- [03:35] If you are an e-commerce business, it can be detrimental to use AMP.
- [03:48] That’s it for today!
- [03:50] Marketing School is giving away a 90-day free trial to Crazy Egg, which is a visual heat-mapping tool.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...