In episode #1045, we discuss Martin Splitt’s top three ranking factors for 2019. Tune in to hear if we agree with Martin.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the details on this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Google’s Top 3 Ranking Factors For 2019
- [00:38] Google made their own Mythbusters episode about themselves.
- [01:00] Martin Splitt shared three top SEO factors on which people should focus.
- [01:10] Factor 1: Content creation.
- [01:42] Eric and Neil agree this is important.
- [02:25] When creating content, deliver a good customer experience.
- [02:52] Factor 2: Meta data.
- [03:05] Make sure you have meta tags to describe your content.
- [03:40] Eric and Neil think using ClickFlow will help with this task, but it’s more important to get clicks.
- [06:45] Factor 3: Performance.
- [07:20] Eric and Neil don’t believe that this is the most important thing on which to focus.
- [08:04] Brand queries are more important.
- [08:08] That’s it for today!
- [08:30] We are almost at capacity for our live event, so register while you still can: Check out Single Grain for more info.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2572, we explore the ins and outs of virtual summits and investigate whether they are still relevant today. Virtual Summits can be a great way to build community, foster connection, and ge...
In episode #2571, we delve into a recent Harvard case study that looks at how humans using AI can outperform humans who aren’t using AI — by a large margin! With so many changes and advancements t...
In episode #2570, we unpack X’s partnership with Google to sell programmatic ads. There have been a lot of changes at X, formerly known as Twitter, from their controversial name change to their newl...