In episode #686, Eric and Neil discuss dealing with haters. Tune in to hear how you can face negativity head-on.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Haters Gonna Hate- How to Deal With Negativity on Social Media
- [00:45] Eric and Neil have received negative or snarky comments on their YouTube channel.
- [01:25] The moment you think you are the best at anything, is when someone swoops in and steals your crown.
- [01:45] It feels like you’re making progress when you have haters.
- [02:02] Neil did the “Who is Neil Patel?” campaign. Some of the paid models were wearing less than enough clothing.
- [02:30] Men and women came after Neil for his supposedly sexist campaign.
- [03:10] If you try to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one.
- [03:22] Ultimately, the campaign was successful.
- [03:37] If you don’t have haters, you’re doing something wrong.
- [03:50] Pushing boundaries will always provoke people.
- [04:30] Neil has released free tools that undercut his competitors, which got the industry talking.
- [05:10] Focus on your end goal and ignore the hate.
- [05:30] Always apologize when you have done something wrong, but don’t give in to negativity.
- [06:10] Haters have internal stuff going on and it’s more about them than it is about you.
- [06:18] That’s all for today!
- [06:22] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....