In episode #686, Eric and Neil discuss dealing with haters. Tune in to hear how you can face negativity head-on.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Haters Gonna Hate- How to Deal With Negativity on Social Media
- [00:45] Eric and Neil have received negative or snarky comments on their YouTube channel.
- [01:25] The moment you think you are the best at anything, is when someone swoops in and steals your crown.
- [01:45] It feels like you’re making progress when you have haters.
- [02:02] Neil did the “Who is Neil Patel?” campaign. Some of the paid models were wearing less than enough clothing.
- [02:30] Men and women came after Neil for his supposedly sexist campaign.
- [03:10] If you try to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one.
- [03:22] Ultimately, the campaign was successful.
- [03:37] If you don’t have haters, you’re doing something wrong.
- [03:50] Pushing boundaries will always provoke people.
- [04:30] Neil has released free tools that undercut his competitors, which got the industry talking.
- [05:10] Focus on your end goal and ignore the hate.
- [05:30] Always apologize when you have done something wrong, but don’t give in to negativity.
- [06:10] Haters have internal stuff going on and it’s more about them than it is about you.
- [06:18] That’s all for today!
- [06:22] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
Today we have a special bonus episode with special guest April Dunford author of Obviously Awesome!...
In episode #1570, we bring you part one of our three-part series on paid newsletters: Why you should start a subscription newsletter in 2021! People want to learn specialized skills these days, so hig...