In episode #645, Eric and Neil discuss how SEO is changing. Tune in to hear what will become of SEO next year and how you can adapt.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic:
- [00:38] SEO is heading towards voice search.
- [00:40] However, it’s not just SEO, it’s the world. Consider Amazon’s “Alexa”.
- [01:03] Search is changing, because people will ask an AI assistant as opposed to Googling.
- [01:56] There is a tool that was developed to help with semantic searches.
- [02:08] It looks for the meaning of what you are looking for (ex. What is love? And it will produce results that offer resources to answer that question).
- [02:50] AI and semantic searches are melding together.
- [03:09] Alexa the product is better at SEO, but the voice device outranks it.
- [03:25] Mobile is huge now.
- [03:33] If you are using a mobile phone, the search index you see is different than what you would get on a desktop.
- [03:50] It’s unclear how to monetize voice search thus far.
- [04:04] You need to be there, so once it’s monetized, you can jump on it.
- [04:46] Eric and Neil now have their podcast on Alexa and they are getting more listens.
- [05:20] That’s it for today!
- [05:22] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...
In episode #2624, We discuss the breakdown of the New York Times' revenue. We highlight the significant role of affiliate marketing in generating income for the company, with Wirecutter affiliate comm...