In episode #701, Eric and Neil discuss what happens when you buy links. Tune in to hear why this isn’t the best practice.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Here’s What Happens When You Buy Links
- [00:35] When Eric was first doing SEO, he would peruse black hat forums.
- [00:47] Wicked Fire has a lot of offers for paid tools.
- [01:01] Eric would buy links for sites and his sites would shoot up in the rankings.
- [01:15] He was using cheap content brokers and they would blast a bunch of links, his rankings would increase, but then go back down after a couple days.
- [01:45] Neil tried this with sponsoring an online poker contest.
- [02:05] Sometimes these things work, but more often than not: you get burned.
- [02:27] It’s cheaper and smarter to build your own site with quality content.
- [02:41] Your rankings will maintain when you build your own site.
- [03:26] Always play the long game.
- [03:40] Build an audience.
- [03:50] Investors are burned from buying high-ranking SEO sites.
- [04:00] Sites that are built just to get to the top never last.
- [04:54] Don’t waste your time buying links.
- [05:02] That’s it for today!
- [05:06] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2466, we broach the topic of using AI for doing outbound. The goal with outbound is to stand out and AI can help you do so. Tune in to discover how AI can be used to customize insights for...
In episode #2465, we investigate the software that can create AI-generated articles to “drive real traffic”. Namely, byword.ai. While AI SEO strategies might have short-term results, we don’t be...
In episode #2464, we explore the question of vanity metrics versus revenue. We look at a particular story of a creator reaching 100 million views on YouTube with only a $900 return. These stats beg th...