In episode #701, Eric and Neil discuss what happens when you buy links. Tune in to hear why this isn’t the best practice.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Here’s What Happens When You Buy Links
- [00:35] When Eric was first doing SEO, he would peruse black hat forums.
- [00:47] Wicked Fire has a lot of offers for paid tools.
- [01:01] Eric would buy links for sites and his sites would shoot up in the rankings.
- [01:15] He was using cheap content brokers and they would blast a bunch of links, his rankings would increase, but then go back down after a couple days.
- [01:45] Neil tried this with sponsoring an online poker contest.
- [02:05] Sometimes these things work, but more often than not: you get burned.
- [02:27] It’s cheaper and smarter to build your own site with quality content.
- [02:41] Your rankings will maintain when you build your own site.
- [03:26] Always play the long game.
- [03:40] Build an audience.
- [03:50] Investors are burned from buying high-ranking SEO sites.
- [04:00] Sites that are built just to get to the top never last.
- [04:54] Don’t waste your time buying links.
- [05:02] That’s it for today!
- [05:06] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2103, we talk about how we'd grow our podcast to five million downloads per month in the future. After the last few years of amazing growth, we are so excited about where we might be heade...
In episode #2102, we talk about how to screen for SEO talent in 2022! When building the best team that you can, you need a good process to vet potential hires and we are here to make this just a littl...
In episode #2101, Neil and Eric talk about what to do if you’re on the verge of bankruptcy. It’s okay to fail and try new things, and bankruptcy shouldn’t be associated with shame or stigma. Tun...