In episode #701, Eric and Neil discuss what happens when you buy links. Tune in to hear why this isn’t the best practice.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Here’s What Happens When You Buy Links
- [00:35] When Eric was first doing SEO, he would peruse black hat forums.
- [00:47] Wicked Fire has a lot of offers for paid tools.
- [01:01] Eric would buy links for sites and his sites would shoot up in the rankings.
- [01:15] He was using cheap content brokers and they would blast a bunch of links, his rankings would increase, but then go back down after a couple days.
- [01:45] Neil tried this with sponsoring an online poker contest.
- [02:05] Sometimes these things work, but more often than not: you get burned.
- [02:27] It’s cheaper and smarter to build your own site with quality content.
- [02:41] Your rankings will maintain when you build your own site.
- [03:26] Always play the long game.
- [03:40] Build an audience.
- [03:50] Investors are burned from buying high-ranking SEO sites.
- [04:00] Sites that are built just to get to the top never last.
- [04:54] Don’t waste your time buying links.
- [05:02] That’s it for today!
- [05:06] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2229, Neil and Eric talk about seven split tests you won’t regret running. One of the most reliable ways to determine effective marketing methods is by running split tests. Tune in to le...
In episode #2228, Neil and Eric talk about why rising interest rates will make marketing more affordable. Warren Buffet famously said, “be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are ...
In episode #2227, Neil and Eric talk about why the easiest way to go broke is by acting rich. When you’re making hundreds and thousands of dollars, it can be tempting to splurge your cash on non-ess...