In episode #878, we discuss what we did when our Google traffic tanked. Tune in to hear how we kept our businesses up and running.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Here’s What I Did When My Google Traffic Tanked.
- [00:38] Google is always going to win, no matter how hard you try.
- [01:00] We don’t rely on one channel and neither should you.
- [01:10] When generating leads, Eric will send out more email blasts, videos, paid ads, etc.
- [01:55] It’s important to diversify.
- [02:15] Neil’s team lost a lot of traffic, because they hid a lot of content behind an iframe. Their traffic dipped 25%. This was before Google could read iframes.
- [03:12] When you are omnipresent, you are just running good defense.
- [04:00] Don’t just look at the days your traffic dipped, go back 30 days to see what could have caused the dip.
- [04:13] That’s it for today!
- [04:20] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2103, we talk about how we'd grow our podcast to five million downloads per month in the future. After the last few years of amazing growth, we are so excited about where we might be heade...
In episode #2102, we talk about how to screen for SEO talent in 2022! When building the best team that you can, you need a good process to vet potential hires and we are here to make this just a littl...
In episode #2101, Neil and Eric talk about what to do if you’re on the verge of bankruptcy. It’s okay to fail and try new things, and bankruptcy shouldn’t be associated with shame or stigma. Tun...