In episode #1205, we share the best things you can learn from Constellation Software. Through strategic acquisitions and looking for markets with a big total addressable market (TAM), they’ve managed to skyrocket to success. Tune in to hear more about the founder Mark Leonard and how they leverage the Berkshire Hathaway model.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: What You Can Learn from a $20 Billion Company.
- [00:32] Constellation Software: where they are based, their market cap, and company size.
- [00:56] How they are unique and what they do with other software businesses they buy.
- [01:52] Their model of simply maintaining the current revenue.
- [02:07] They type of companies they seem to be interested in buying and their criteria.
- [02:43] How they’re making money from companies that are under the radar.
- [03:13] You don’t have to do something well known to make money.
- [03:36] Looking for markets that have a big total addressable market (TAM).
- [03:52] The mistake of going after businesses that are in niches.
- [04:23] Why you don’t need a lot of press — just look at Mark Leonard.
- [04:37] Why Constellation follows the Berkshire Hathaway model.
- [05:20] That’s it for today!
- [05:48] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2567, we unpack the mystery behind Coca-Cola's new marketing formula. Join us as we quench your curiosity and explore how one of the world's most iconic brands continues to innovate its ma...
By now, artificial intelligence is nothing new. But there are new ways that companies can use AI to analyze marketing data, create high-quality content, and increase conversions with greater efficienc...
Neil and Eric talk about what you can learn from American football coach Deion Sanders on brand building and influencer marketing TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...