In episode #1205, we share the best things you can learn from Constellation Software. Through strategic acquisitions and looking for markets with a big total addressable market (TAM), they’ve managed to skyrocket to success. Tune in to hear more about the founder Mark Leonard and how they leverage the Berkshire Hathaway model.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: What You Can Learn from a $20 Billion Company.
- [00:32] Constellation Software: where they are based, their market cap, and company size.
- [00:56] How they are unique and what they do with other software businesses they buy.
- [01:52] Their model of simply maintaining the current revenue.
- [02:07] They type of companies they seem to be interested in buying and their criteria.
- [02:43] How they’re making money from companies that are under the radar.
- [03:13] You don’t have to do something well known to make money.
- [03:36] Looking for markets that have a big total addressable market (TAM).
- [03:52] The mistake of going after businesses that are in niches.
- [04:23] Why you don’t need a lot of press — just look at Mark Leonard.
- [04:37] Why Constellation follows the Berkshire Hathaway model.
- [05:20] That’s it for today!
- [05:48] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2404, Neil and Eric talk about what marketers can learn from Warren Buffett’s $130B cash hoard. One of Warren Buffett’s key investor strategies is buying good businesses at a reasonabl...
In episode #2403, Neil and Eric talk about how digital advertising will change in 2023 and beyond. Major developments in artificial intelligence (AI) along with increased privacy and tracking limitati...
In episode #2402, Neil and Eric talk about how the best marketers manage their most important resource, time. Tune in as we discuss some of the top methods for managing your routine and how to get the...