In episode #1205, we share the best things you can learn from Constellation Software. Through strategic acquisitions and looking for markets with a big total addressable market (TAM), they’ve managed to skyrocket to success. Tune in to hear more about the founder Mark Leonard and how they leverage the Berkshire Hathaway model.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: What You Can Learn from a $20 Billion Company.
- [00:32] Constellation Software: where they are based, their market cap, and company size.
- [00:56] How they are unique and what they do with other software businesses they buy.
- [01:52] Their model of simply maintaining the current revenue.
- [02:07] They type of companies they seem to be interested in buying and their criteria.
- [02:43] How they’re making money from companies that are under the radar.
- [03:13] You don’t have to do something well known to make money.
- [03:36] Looking for markets that have a big total addressable market (TAM).
- [03:52] The mistake of going after businesses that are in niches.
- [04:23] Why you don’t need a lot of press — just look at Mark Leonard.
- [04:37] Why Constellation follows the Berkshire Hathaway model.
- [05:20] That’s it for today!
- [05:48] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...