In episode #1076, we discuss what you should do if you lost traffic from Google’s June update. Tune in to hear what you can do to salvage your rankings.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Here’s What You Should Do If You Lost Traffic From the June 2019 Update
- [00:45] The June update wasn’t named anything specific.
- [00:50] It was a core update and people lost a lot of keyword rankings.
- [01:30] Eric found that even though he lost keywords, the keywords for which they already ranked, got better.
- [02:40] There’s no clear trend, as it seems like a wash.
- [03:05] Look at the sites and pages that are ranking in the top ten and learn from what they are doing.
- [04:25] When these updates happen, it can be a crapshoot.
- [04:45] Updating content helps you maintain your rankings.
[04:50] That’s it for today!
- [04:59] We are going to take applications for live intensive sessions. Just go to the Marketing School site for more information and to apply.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1174, we talk about how we handle our to-do lists and get our marketing things done! From prioritizing and cutting excess to methods and frameworks, we cover a ton of great ways to get thi...
In episode #1173, we talk about the trend that email newsletters and podcasting is currently moving towards. We are seeing more paid subscription services for content creators, whereby subscribers can...
In episode #1172, we discuss the best ways to do a blazing fast audit of a website! There are a ton of tools that make this process easy, cheap, and effective. Today we unpack which ones we use and wh...