In episode #1076, we discuss what you should do if you lost traffic from Google’s June update. Tune in to hear what you can do to salvage your rankings.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Here’s What You Should Do If You Lost Traffic From the June 2019 Update
- [00:45] The June update wasn’t named anything specific.
- [00:50] It was a core update and people lost a lot of keyword rankings.
- [01:30] Eric found that even though he lost keywords, the keywords for which they already ranked, got better.
- [02:40] There’s no clear trend, as it seems like a wash.
- [03:05] Look at the sites and pages that are ranking in the top ten and learn from what they are doing.
- [04:25] When these updates happen, it can be a crapshoot.
- [04:45] Updating content helps you maintain your rankings.
[04:50] That’s it for today!
- [04:59] We are going to take applications for live intensive sessions. Just go to the Marketing School site for more information and to apply.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...
In episode #2624, We discuss the breakdown of the New York Times' revenue. We highlight the significant role of affiliate marketing in generating income for the company, with Wirecutter affiliate comm...