In this episode, Eric gets together with Alex Taub, co-founder of Upstream, a no-code all-in-one DAO builder. He is also the co-founder of Illuminati, an NFT project that has sold over $11.5M in NFTs, all while running his startup. Tuning in you’ll hear all about Upstream, what first inspired it, and how it helps its users build and manage DAOs by being accessible and easy to use. Get a sneak peek at what Upstream has planned in the coming weeks, their marketing strategy for the company, and what it means to be a leader in the Web3 space. We also delve into the founding of Illuminati, how Alex balances it with his work at Upstream, and what it’s taught him about Web3 and marketing. Hear the story of how they first marketed their Illuminati NFT project using intriguing pins, the concept of a secret society, and an established Twitter handle. Alex also describes what he loves about playing in the NFT space, why he believes play-to-earn is going to explode in 2022, and why Twitter is such a useful networking tool. To learn more about how Alex balances his time, his insights on Web3, and much more, make sure you tune in today!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: How A Founder Sold Over $11.5M In NFTs While Running His Startup.
- [01:31] Get to know Alex Taub, co-founder of Upstream and Illuminati NFT.
- [03:29] How Alex and his team decided to go all-in on Upstream.
- [04:56] How Alex became involved with Web3, NFTs, DAOs, and dApps.
- [08:11] A breakdown of Upstream: how it works and how it’s priced.
- [08:58] Some of the use cases that Upstream is currently being used for.
- [10:20] How Upstream is growing, and what it means to be a leader in the Web3 space.
- [12:41] Insights into the marketing strategy for Upstream.
- [14:36] How Alex co-founded Illuminati NFT and how he balances it with his work at Upstream.
- [15:22] What launching Illuminati NFT has taught Alex about managing DAOs on Upstream.
- [17:57] The time and investment you need to start an NFT project.
- [19:36] How Illuminati has sold over $11.5M in NFTs.
- [21:52] The story of how they first marketed Illuminati by giving out pins at an event.
- [22:51] What Alex learned from the launch of Illuminati and their sales plan.
- [25:59] Alex shares why Twitter is his favorite business tool.
- [26:13] Learn about Alex’s favorite business book, Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future.
- [26:55] Alex’s favorite NFTs — that aren’t Illuminati or Bored Apes!
- [28:55] That’s it for today! Don’t forget to rate, review and subscribe!
- [29:00] Go to https://marketingschool.io/live to learn more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Illuminati NFT
- Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future
- Knights of Degen
- Alex Taub on Twitter
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...