In episode #2002, Eric talks with Jeff Zirlin, Co-Founder of Sky Mavis and the Axie Infinity game, about their plans to reach 4 billion gamers. Tuning in you’ll hear a breakdown of the game mechanics of Axie Infinity, why it’s built for Web 3, and how it uses NFTs as its core component. Jeff gets into the details of his role as Growth Lead at Sky Mavis, how Web 3 is changing the world of marketing, and the crucial role that community plays in their rapid growth rate. We also hear from Jeff about the concept of play-to-earn (P2E) and the many incentives that motivate players to become involved in the Axie Infinity community. Today’s episode is filled with key insights about Web 3 and how it is changing the current marketing landscape. Tune in to hear expert Jeff Zirlin share his expertise, recommendations, and much more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: How Axie Infinity plans to reach 4 billion gamers (with Co-founder Jeff Zirlin).
- [01:06] How Jeff has raised over $161 million in funding and has over 2.6 million daily active users.
- [02:03] How Axie Infinity is currently valued.
- [03:41] Jeff’s upbringing and how he became interested in gaming and Web3.
- [04:18] An explanation of Axie Infinity’s game mechanics and design.
- [05:01] The various outcomes that players can choose to focus on when they play Axie.
- [06:05] Some of the future game modes they are currently working on.
- [07:17] Hear about Jeff’s audacious goal of reaching 4 billion users.
- [08:06] The concept of play-to-earn (P2E) and how that relates to Axie Infinity.
- [10:33] How Jeff approaches his role as Growth Lead at Sky Mavis and how his team is structured.
- [11:40] Why community has played an integral role in the success of Axie Infinity.
- [13:59] The role that good content marketing has played in Axie Infinity’s growth.
- [17:31] Jeff gives a breakdown of their marketing team and what each role entails.
- [19:14] Some of the ways they are incentivizing users to be active members of the community.
- [20:32] How Jeff keeps up with the rapidly changing Web 3 space.
- [21:54] Jeff shares what he is currently most excited about.
- [23:51] Hear about Jeff’s book recommendation and what he learned from it.
- [26:43] Jeff explains why Discord is his favorite business tool.
- [28:03] How Jeff grew his Twitter audience to over 400, 000 followers.
- [29:48] That’s it for today!
- [29:52] To learn more go to https://marketingschool.io/live!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Must-read book: The Bomber Mafia: A Dream, a Temptation, and the Longest Night of the Second World War
- Discord: https://discord.com/
- Jeff Zirlin on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jihoz_Axie
- Axie Infinity: https://axieinfinity.com/
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...