In episode #1805, Neil and Eric talk about how a big client can break your business. Of course, you want to grow the size of the clients you work with. But this mustn’t be a strain on your resources and your people. Tune in today to hear how to scale incrementally and successfully.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How Big Clients Can Break Your Business
- [00:29] An example of how a big client could break your business.
- [00:47] If you are not set up to deal with a big client, it takes away from your other clients.
- [01:33] You have to think long-term when taking on a big client.
- [02:09] Why it is also important to consider client concentration.
- [02:30] The importance of defining your client profile.
- [03:03] Stop it at the start; what Neil means by this.
- [03:26] Slowing work your way up to bigger clients rather than going all at once.
- [03:58] Cut toxic clients off as soon as possible.
- [04:24] Take on a small project from a big client if you can.
- [04:40] That’s it for today!
- [04:40] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...