In episode #827, we discuss how developers drive more traffic. Tune in to hear what they can do that marketers cannot.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Developers Drive More Traffic Than Marketers
- [00:40] Dropbox and Facebook didn’t grow through paid ads, but through leveraging developers.
- [01:10] The tactics people have used in the past won’t work now.
- [01:20] A new tactic is to create tools.
- [01:32] If you give away a free tool, traffic will increase.
- [01:53] Tools have a cheaper cost per acquisition.
- [02:20] It’s called product-led growth.
- [02:21] Hubspot used to charge for their CRM, but they now have their own chat tool and website grader that they offer for free.
- [03:00] They lock people out from certain features, which is a great tactic.
- [03:20] Get creative. Use design and development as well.
- [03:58] Check out ProfitWell.
- [04:10] They will show you what the cost per customer is or should be.
- [04:33] That’s all for today!
- [04:38] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1546, we talk about the underutilized link between email marketing and SEO. Eric and Neil share how leveraging this untapped strategy has helped them grow in leaps and bounds and they shar...
In episode #1545, you will learn more about webinars and some ways to make them more engaging. Even in 2020, webinars are still a great way to drive sales, so it is super important that you make sure ...
In episode #1544, we discuss the value of building a defensible moat around your income. People like Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger like to invest in businesses with a moat for a good reason – th...