In episode #827, we discuss how developers drive more traffic. Tune in to hear what they can do that marketers cannot.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Developers Drive More Traffic Than Marketers
- [00:40] Dropbox and Facebook didn’t grow through paid ads, but through leveraging developers.
- [01:10] The tactics people have used in the past won’t work now.
- [01:20] A new tactic is to create tools.
- [01:32] If you give away a free tool, traffic will increase.
- [01:53] Tools have a cheaper cost per acquisition.
- [02:20] It’s called product-led growth.
- [02:21] Hubspot used to charge for their CRM, but they now have their own chat tool and website grader that they offer for free.
- [03:00] They lock people out from certain features, which is a great tactic.
- [03:20] Get creative. Use design and development as well.
- [03:58] Check out ProfitWell.
- [04:10] They will show you what the cost per customer is or should be.
- [04:33] That’s all for today!
- [04:38] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1174, we talk about how we handle our to-do lists and get our marketing things done! From prioritizing and cutting excess to methods and frameworks, we cover a ton of great ways to get thi...
In episode #1173, we talk about the trend that email newsletters and podcasting is currently moving towards. We are seeing more paid subscription services for content creators, whereby subscribers can...
In episode #1172, we discuss the best ways to do a blazing fast audit of a website! There are a ton of tools that make this process easy, cheap, and effective. Today we unpack which ones we use and wh...