In episode #827, we discuss how developers drive more traffic. Tune in to hear what they can do that marketers cannot.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Developers Drive More Traffic Than Marketers
- [00:40] Dropbox and Facebook didn’t grow through paid ads, but through leveraging developers.
- [01:10] The tactics people have used in the past won’t work now.
- [01:20] A new tactic is to create tools.
- [01:32] If you give away a free tool, traffic will increase.
- [01:53] Tools have a cheaper cost per acquisition.
- [02:20] It’s called product-led growth.
- [02:21] Hubspot used to charge for their CRM, but they now have their own chat tool and website grader that they offer for free.
- [03:00] They lock people out from certain features, which is a great tactic.
- [03:20] Get creative. Use design and development as well.
- [03:58] Check out ProfitWell.
- [04:10] They will show you what the cost per customer is or should be.
- [04:33] That’s all for today!
- [04:38] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
Give us feedback on this new format in the ratings section and include your e-mail for a chance to ask a question live on a Marketing School podcast! Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone....
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...