In Episode #208, Eric and Neil discuss how effective 301 redirects are. Tune in to know how 301 and 302 redirects work, when you would use either of them, and what Eric and Neil did to boost their website traffic.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How Effective Are 301 Redirects?
- 00:35 – A 301 redirect is you signaling that links have been moved
- 01:03 – 2 ways to do a 301 redirect is through direct links
- 01:26 – Eric bought a gun website and a site that was inactive
- 01:55 – The inactive site had a hundred backlinks
- 02:00 – The number of visitors from Google per day
- 02:10 – Eric’s backlinks number
- 02:36 – Eric’s site is now getting a thousand visitors a month
- 02:50 – Took him two weeks before he started seeing the traffic
- 03:00 – After 3 months, traffic went up to 40K a month
- 03:10 – Eric spent $2500 for the domain
- 03:27 – It is helpful, depending on your niche
- 04:00 – Neil did a 301 redirect recently
- 04:20 – The traffic is changing
- 04:41 – Neil submitted the website to webmaster in order to crawl it
- 04:56 – Neil changed all his internal links
- 05:10 – Neil got a 40% boost in traffic
- 05:20 – Use 301 for more permanent redirects and 302 for temporary
- 05:34 – Use a redirect checker and redirect the right way
- 05:44 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Use a redirect checker to make sure you are redirecting the right way.
- Spending some money for the right domain can help you boost your traffic.
- Research before buying a website – make sure you are not wasting your money.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...