In episode #936, we discuss how embedding YouTube videos hurts your traffic. Tune in to hear how you can avoid this mistake.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Embedding YouTube Videos Can Hurt Your Traffic
- [00:38] There used to be a way to turn of the feature where YouTube would suggest or autoplay related videos.
- [00:50] Now, you can’t turn it off, so you end up driving traffic to someone else’s channel.
- [01:10] If you add “rel=0” to the code, it will include videos from your channel instead of random ones.
- [01:33] YouTube tries to incentivize people to stay on their site.
- [02:15] Neil would attempt to keep people on his site instead of watching more videos.
- [02:32] It is getting harder and harder for him to do that when going up against YouTube.
- [03:05] To jack up his view count, Neil likes to send push notifications when he releases a new video.
- [03:15] When he drives people to his site, he gets a higher view count.
- [03:46] That’s it for today!
- [03:50] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles. Check out our website and continue listening to our podcast for further details.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #962, we discuss how to target effectively on LinkedIn. Tune in to hear how you can get the right people to engage with your content....
In episode #961, we discuss whether blogging is still relevant. Tune in to hear if this method is still effective....
In episode #960, we discuss 7 simple tactics that always work. Tune in to hear how you can use social media marketing to your advantage....