In episode #936, we discuss how embedding YouTube videos hurts your traffic. Tune in to hear how you can avoid this mistake.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Embedding YouTube Videos Can Hurt Your Traffic
- [00:38] There used to be a way to turn of the feature where YouTube would suggest or autoplay related videos.
- [00:50] Now, you can’t turn it off, so you end up driving traffic to someone else’s channel.
- [01:10] If you add “rel=0” to the code, it will include videos from your channel instead of random ones.
- [01:33] YouTube tries to incentivize people to stay on their site.
- [02:15] Neil would attempt to keep people on his site instead of watching more videos.
- [02:32] It is getting harder and harder for him to do that when going up against YouTube.
- [03:05] To jack up his view count, Neil likes to send push notifications when he releases a new video.
- [03:15] When he drives people to his site, he gets a higher view count.
- [03:46] That’s it for today!
- [03:50] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles. Check out our website and continue listening to our podcast for further details.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2143, Neil and Eric unpack how big tech companies are laying people off right now and whether it’s a sign of things to come. Tuning in you’ll learn about the companies that are current...
In episode #2142, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire content creators (TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) Influencer prices have gone up by staggering amounts and you may not be able to afford the on...
In episode #2141, Neil and Eric talk about their weird habits that triple productivity. Learn why Neil doesn’t go to bed without having read all his emails, even if he’s traveling, and why he does...