In episode #1213, we discuss how Eric prevented his SEO traffic from dropping drastically. Failing to redirect correctly when redesigning and assuming that your developer knows the ropes are two big mistakes you should avoid. Tune in to hear which tools Eric used to prevent a traffic disaster!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How Eric Siu Saved His SEO Traffic from Tanking.
- [00:53] What went wrong: not giving the developer a checklist when the site was redesigned.
- [01:15] Going ahead with the redesign without having the correct redirects in place.
- [01:44] Using Google Search Console to help point out issues with your site.
- [01:54] Using monitoring tools such as Ahrefs, SEMrush, and SEO Spider.
- [02:20] What happened once 404 issues were fixed.
- [02:32] Ensuring that you don’t lose traffic by breaking the URL structure.
- [03:49] Increasing the mobile site speed and maintaining the desktop speed.
- [05:00] Why you don’t have to be perfect everywhere.
- [05:44] Avoid making the same mistake by actively monitoring redirects and hiring appropriately.
- [06:16] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2563, we are exploring how podcasts expand drastically. Tuning in, you’ll hear about how many people listen to podcasts every week in the US, creators who have successful podcasts, why t...
At the Leveling Up Founders' event, Tamara Loehr discusses her best practices in business, managing offshore teams abroad, and the significance of establishing a learning management system process. TI...
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...