In episode #1213, we discuss how Eric prevented his SEO traffic from dropping drastically. Failing to redirect correctly when redesigning and assuming that your developer knows the ropes are two big mistakes you should avoid. Tune in to hear which tools Eric used to prevent a traffic disaster!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How Eric Siu Saved His SEO Traffic from Tanking.
- [00:53] What went wrong: not giving the developer a checklist when the site was redesigned.
- [01:15] Going ahead with the redesign without having the correct redirects in place.
- [01:44] Using Google Search Console to help point out issues with your site.
- [01:54] Using monitoring tools such as Ahrefs, SEMrush, and SEO Spider.
- [02:20] What happened once 404 issues were fixed.
- [02:32] Ensuring that you don’t lose traffic by breaking the URL structure.
- [03:49] Increasing the mobile site speed and maintaining the desktop speed.
- [05:00] Why you don’t have to be perfect everywhere.
- [05:44] Avoid making the same mistake by actively monitoring redirects and hiring appropriately.
- [06:16] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...
In episode #2185, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire short-form video editors at scale. There are more opportunities than ever to find and hire freelancers from the comfort of your favorite device, ...
If someone were to ask you about the state of your cash flow, would you be able to give an accurate response? According to today’s guest, Alan Miltz, most companies misunderstand their cash flow, an...