In episode #1213, we discuss how Eric prevented his SEO traffic from dropping drastically. Failing to redirect correctly when redesigning and assuming that your developer knows the ropes are two big mistakes you should avoid. Tune in to hear which tools Eric used to prevent a traffic disaster!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How Eric Siu Saved His SEO Traffic from Tanking.
- [00:53] What went wrong: not giving the developer a checklist when the site was redesigned.
- [01:15] Going ahead with the redesign without having the correct redirects in place.
- [01:44] Using Google Search Console to help point out issues with your site.
- [01:54] Using monitoring tools such as Ahrefs, SEMrush, and SEO Spider.
- [02:20] What happened once 404 issues were fixed.
- [02:32] Ensuring that you don’t lose traffic by breaking the URL structure.
- [03:49] Increasing the mobile site speed and maintaining the desktop speed.
- [05:00] Why you don’t have to be perfect everywhere.
- [05:44] Avoid making the same mistake by actively monitoring redirects and hiring appropriately.
- [06:16] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1296, we talk about how to drive more paid sign-ups in your sale funnel. Funnels are the all-important part of your sales system and you need to optimize yours in order to get maximum cust...
In episode #1295, we run through our list of highly recommended tools to help you get your brand and message out there. From email service providers to the best text message tools on the market, we sh...
In episode #1294, we give you the inside scoop on Neil’s course funnel so that you can apply it to your business. Using an email to drive your audience to a webinar and following up with a week-long...