In episode #2022, Neil and Eric talk about how Facebook is (becoming) the new Yellow Pages. In many circles Facebook does not have the traction it used to, people are migrating to different platforms for their social media, and as a result, marketers have followed them there. Today on the show we discuss how Facebook is fast becoming less relevant and what that means for marketing, so make sure you tune in to hear it all!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: How Facebook is (Becoming) The New Yellow Pages.
- [00:35] A breakdown of the Yellow Pages and how it relates to Facebook.
- [01:25] Why Neil and Eric seldomly log into Facebook nowadays and the low levels of engagement.
- [02:39] The ways that marketing has become more difficult and why that’s good news for creative marketers.
- [03:21] That’s it for today!
- [03:23] Don’t forget to rate, review and subscribe!
- [03:38] Go to https://marketingschool.io/live to learn more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- The Yellow Pages
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...