In episode #1024, we discuss how brands capitalized on a Marvel blockbuster. Tune in to hear how they did it.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the details on this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Fortnite & Audi Capitalized On A Marvel Blockbuster Movie
- [00:50] Avengers had the largest opening box office ever.
- [01:30] Fortnite used native advertising for Avengers.
- [02:21] Audi has had their cars in almost every Marvel film.
- [02:40] In Endgame, an Audi is featured prominently.
- [03:30] Product placement and branding is just another smart way to cut a deal.
- [03:45] Beats by Dre got every celebrity to wear their product.
- [03:58] Converse paid Will Smith to wear their sneakers in “I Am Legend”.
- [04:40] People want to be like their heroes, so native advertising makes sense.
- [06:10] If Captain America had a Nike logo on his shield, people would want to buy Nike products.
- [06:20] That’s it for today!
- [06:24] We are almost at capacity for our live event, so register while you still can: Check out Single Grain for more info.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1145, we share 7 creative ways to get more links to your business. From tools and broken links to websites that you can buy and merge your data into, we cover a ton of ways you can stimula...
In episode #1144, we unpack the recent collaborative study on organic click-through rates. This study, conducted by Backlinko and Marketing School, shows findings from over 5 millions Google search re...
In episode #1143, we help you think about how to pick the ideal price! We cover customized pricing models, calculators, pricing according to value, adjusting prices over time, and more! Tune in to hea...