In episode #682, Eric and Neil discuss GDPR. Tune in to hear how you can become GDPR compliant.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How GDPR Affect Your Marketing Efforts
- [00:52] This is something the EU came out with two years ago. As of May 25th 2018, this is something that anyone who does business with the EU will have to put into effect.
- [01:50] You have to be really transparent with your data collection.
- [02:05] It’s all about transparency.
- [02:38] You also need a system in place that allows people to wipe their information from your database.
- [02:50] If you aren’t working with or in the EU, you don’t have to worry about GDPR.
- [03:33] Neil’s site has an opt-in tick box for anyone in the EU.
- [03:58] The penalty for violating GDPR is €20 Million or 4% of the year’s revenue.
- [04:38] You can’t auto-tick boxes anymore.
- [04:55] Eric found his conversions rates got better, even though he couldn’t auto-opt-in for people.
- [06:00] Neil tested his conversions and has not seen any changes by implementing GDPR.
- [06:33] They decided to implement these rules universally.
- [07:18] Disclaimer template has lawyers that can look over your business and figure out if your are GDPR compliant.
- [07:54] If you want a good example of a business that is trying to be GDPR compliant, check out Slides.com.
- [08:24] If you’re within the US, check out Privacy Shield.
- [08:40] That’s all for today!
- [08:42] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....